★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crush Bunny

07-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Crush Bunny

itunes link - 99 cents

Crush Bunny

The end of the world is nigh! Play God as you endeavour to save the worlds’ inhabitants from certain destruction! Use special powers to heal, protect and influence your bunny subjects helping them to dodge incoming meteors.
Create rivers, shelters and blockades, seed and grow carrots, heal injured bunnies and earn new and upgraded powers as you progress.
Includes mini-games and frequent planned updates!
The gameplay is simple, quick and entertaining. Direct falling meteors away from the inhabitants by tilting your device and protect them using your god-like magical powers or see them get squished! Heal them, build them shelters, influence their movements and help them survive!
For each meteor that impacts without killing any of the inhabitants you are rewarded with Money. Money can be used to buy special abilities and to help the inhabitants. If any of the inhabitants should get squelched you lose money.

Online Enabled!

Crush Bunny is fully integrated with AGON Online, a complete social platform for iPhone and iPod Touch games. It is a location-aware online high score system, complete with profiles, friends, awards etc. Think Xbox LIVE on-the-go.

Game Features

• Tilt and Drag gameplay
• Includes Mini Games
• Online Leaderboards
• Game Awards\Achievements
• Agon Community Enabled
• Compare scores and awards with friends
• Save games any time
• Automatic save and resume
• 3 Modes of Difficulty

We’d like your help!

We love good constructive feedback; indeed Pop Slide (one of our other games) benefitted massively as a result of good feedback! If there is something you think would make a good addition to this game let us know! Either by posting a review here in the store or through our website!

07-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm actually intrigued, but I think I'll wait for impressions...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

07-12-2009, 12:00 AM
I love the look of the bunnies!
07-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Just bought this for the name.

I now own a game called Crush Bunny and that makes me way more awesomer.

(And, yes, "awesomer" is a word...starting now!)

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post

Cool. Can't wait to hear what you think of it

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
07-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post

lol, yeah, I love the name...tho when I first saw it I thought it was going to be a game about, well, crushing bunnies, guess there's not an app for that yet

...anyway, come back with your impressions
07-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
lol, yeah, I love the name...tho when I first saw it I thought it was going to be a game about, well, crushing bunnies, guess there's not an app for that yet

...anyway, come back with your impressions
Haha, I was expecting that too. Don't know if I should be disappointed or happy. At least this game has you protecting your inhabitants instead of pummeling them to death. Looks interesting.
07-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Cool. Can't wait to hear what you think of it
Just because I care, Fletch, I paused my game just to give you my first impressions.

It's hilarious, it's polished, the artwork is outstanding, the achievements are killer, and the soundtrack alone is worth the dollar. I still don't always know WTF is going on, but I don't care. The goal is to keep the quirky little robotic bunnies from getting crushed by meteors that drop from the sky and, just like in real life, you control exactly where the meteors will drop. Wait...

So, bunnies of all sizes and dispositions wander around the bottom of the screen. An arrow appears at the top of the screen that represents when and where the meteor will drop; "when" is shown by a timer and "where" is controlled by the accelerometer. If it hits bunnies, they take damage. Oftentimes, they are crushed to death. YES!!!

For each meteor that drops, you earn cash (again, just like real life). You spend this cash on bunny first aid, bunny housing of various strengths, and various other defensive goodies that open up as you earn more money.

That's not all; there are powerups that float by on tap-to-pop balloons, that can be picked up to enter a variety of mini-games...one of the powerups is a BAZOOKA and the other powerup is a DISCO BALL. This could have been a one-sentence review, had I thought to mention these two key points first.

I have no idea how much depth this game has and I really don't care. I already got a dollars worth of fun out of it, so the next two hours are just icing on the cake.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-12-2009, 01:28 AM
MAKE A FILM CLIP!!!

This is really driving me crazy, all these dev just don't have the sense to make a video of their product.

If this is what I think it is, I think this will be big.
07-12-2009, 01:43 AM
This game looks and sounds cool. I might just have to check it out. I used to follow these guys (or at least one of them) when they were Pocket PC developers. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do on the iPhone.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre