★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Game Trail -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OSPzKx6mpQ

An unconventional space shooting game, Skyline War brings you a whole new cosmic warfare!
Feel the tense of total war with numerous and various types of enemy spacecrafts!
Alone no more! Take advantage of the support from friendly forces, and experience the conflict of an epic battle!

Fight to the very end, and repel the invaders from faraway galaxies!

5 selectable main weapons.
5 special weapons obtainable on the battlefield.
More than 12 different enemy spacecrafts.
20 different stages with 3 difficulty levels.
Simple interfaces for item purchase and weapon upgrade.
Dodge enemy fire with the immersive floating-sense controls.

Sanuku's comments:

iPad Version: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/skyline-war-hd/id633051311


04-13-2013, 08:06 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 799
I still yearn for a true proper sequel to Space Miner:Ore Bust.... One of the best if not the best game I've played on iOS. God Space Miner was so fing awesome as a dual stick shooter/rpg. Matter of fact, I'm going to replay that right now.

I know a part 2 will never happen, first one never sold as well as intended. Which blows my mind... Great graphics, cool goofy story, great rpg elements, spot on controls.

04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 116
Yeah the graphics remind me of Space Miner, although I was not as big a fan of that game as of other space shooters. Will definitely be checking this out though, it looks pretty cool.
04-13-2013, 08:25 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,094
Space Miner was awesome. Up until Bastion it was probably my favourite game on the AppStore.
In comparison how does this hold up?
04-13-2013, 08:26 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain1dog View Post
I still yearn for a true proper sequel to Space Miner:Ore Bust.... One of the best if not the best game I've played on iOS. God Space Miner was so fing awesome as a dual stick shooter/rpg. Matter of fact, I'm going to replay that right now.

I know a part 2 will never happen, first one never sold as well as intended. Which blows my mind... Great graphics, cool goofy story, great rpg elements, spot on controls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiGummy View Post
Yeah the graphics remind me of Space Miner, although I was not as big a fan of that game as of other space shooters. Will definitely be checking this out though, it looks pretty cool.
Let`s hope we will see a new One at the End of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
In comparison how does this hold up?
Not really. It does miss the hole Story Part.

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-13-2013 at 08:28 PM.
04-13-2013, 08:37 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Let`s hope we will see a new One at the End of the Year



Not really. It does miss the hole Story Part.
You have NO IDEA how happy you just made me, no idea. Space miner to me and iOS as Zelda was to the NES. Space Miner made me realize just how significant of a gaming platform a mobile device could be.
04-13-2013, 08:44 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 804
This looks promising. Will be getting this.


Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER