★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mind Trap

07-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Mind Trap

Mind Trap - $3.99

Quote:
MindTrap - the classic board game is now on the iPhone and iPod Touch

It’s the incomparable compilation of the world’s greatest brainteasers, murder mysteries, trick questions and visual experiences that will capture your imagination and challenge the way you think and see.

If you play MindTrap everyday, within a surprisingly short period of time you will begin to look at situations and challenges in your daily life from a different perspective.

MindTrap has something for every taste. If you have a strong curiosity you will love these puzzles because they will teach you something about our world, yourself, and how you think.

MindTrap allows you to test yourself – and then you can try it on your friends.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

Last edited by Fletch; 07-12-2009 at 12:46 AM.
07-12-2009, 01:07 AM
After the Galactic Gunner contest, I've been waiting for an app like this, but $4... I'll have to think about it

And hey, one more post and you'll reach 1000, Fletch!

07-12-2009, 01:14 AM
I remember this game! The murder mysteries can be pretty difficult! Fun if you like the sort of thing... I might bite if they drop the price a buck or two...

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
07-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Some of the original questions are here
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/482963?size=original
07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I actually still have this (and I think possibly Mind Trap II) in my closet at home. I used to love playing this game. I think when I get my next iTunes gift card I'll be picking this one up.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I actually have the Mind Trap book, got it from some book fair a while back.

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]
07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I've been playing with this to test my mental sharpness, and it's pretty good. You have to connect to the Mind Trap server to get a daily update on questions. From there, scenarios are presented that test your deductive reasoning and logic skills and numerical prowess. Most come with supporting graphics to support the descriptions but not all.

You earn points for correct answers, but there isn't actually a way to input answers. Instead solutions are provided and then you choose between "I knew that" or "I didn't know that". You get points or no points based on that response so it's an honor system. You can also choose Hints which will deduct points from the total possible for each question. So in a way, it's also a test of your ethics and morality and whether you're lying to yourself

The game is what it is and has plenty of variety. This isn't a Trivial Pursuit kind of game. Overall, I think it's nicely set up, although a more consistent use of graphics would be a good idea.