★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fizziks

07-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Fizziks

Fizziks | $1.99 | iTunes Link | 4.7 MB | NotionArts

Youtube link | Pop Up

Enter the sub-atomic world, where the laws of Fizziks rule!

This exciting new game combines the best of the classic match-3 style with the strategic use of chain reactions.

Crisp graphics and clear sound effects immerse you in the events on screen.

Easy to play, and surprisingly difficult to master. Strategies and tactics will change from game to game and level to level. You will find yourself using key pieces in new ways as you experiment with creating massive chain reactions!

Fizziks keeps tracks of high scores and your best individual moves as you strive to create ever greater combos!

Play fast, pushing through levels or play slow, strategically creating huge combos and using key special pieces.

This is a must-see and must-play game. You will be hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude

Last edited by f e a r l e s s; 09-12-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added video.
07-12-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm not a cheapskate, but I wish there was a game-play video, lite version or something to make me part with my two dollas :-/

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby

07-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Anybody take the plunge? I'm always looking for a clever untimed match 3.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-12-2009, 09:16 AM
OK, decided to TOFTT and I'd recommend you guys spend your cash elsewhere.

This game has quite a cool retro vibe going on, and the graphics and sound effects work well in that context. However, it's just so limited.

It IS timed, each game lasts three minutes and there is no way to add to that timer as you play. The gameplay is OK, it's like Smiles in that you touch where you want the next item to go, it's not swapping them on the board. There are a couple of special pieces that create different effects eg black hole will swallow up the nine surrounding tiles.

At the end of your three minutes, that's it. It's all about the high scores but even then this isn't done well. The high score board does not differentiate between different players on the device and there are no online leaderboards or anything like that.

I wouldn't recommend this even at 59p so at 1.19 it's overpriced for such a basic game.

If I had to rate it out of 5, I'd give it a generous 2.
07-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks ian, saved me some cash.
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Thank you Ian, I'll wait for update and/or free version.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
07-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the constructive feedback Ian. You are officialy the first person ever to say anything good/bad about one of my apps!

Ians critique is very accurate. I'll see about getting a global high score setup. It can't be that hard with so many others offering it these days.

What do people think about the "timeless" or "extending time" game idea?
I was trying to make a game that was only 3 minutes. I can set the timer to anything people would want but I assumed iPhone users were looking for short duration experience. I've heard most apps get used 7.5 minutes a day after they have been downloaded.

If anyone is reading this... 'How long should a match-3 game run?'

Thanks, Mark
07-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgnerd View Post
Thanks for the constructive feedback Ian. You are officialy the first person ever to say anything good/bad about one of my apps!

Ians critique is very accurate. I'll see about getting a global high score setup. It can't be that hard with so many others offering it these days.

What do people think about the "timeless" or "extending time" game idea?
I was trying to make a game that was only 3 minutes. I can set the timer to anything people would want but I assumed iPhone users were looking for short duration experience. I've heard most apps get used 7.5 minutes a day after they have been downloaded.

If anyone is reading this... 'How long should a match-3 game run?'

Thanks, Mark
I personally prefer UNTIMED but, if you do untimed you need to find a way that the player can lose AND make each successive level harder (although worth a lot more points so a player would have incentive to get to the higher levels).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I think the key is to give the user options. The ideal would be both a timed and untimed mode, and possibly even the ability to specify one of several time increments for the timed mode. It may be true that people only use a game for 7.5 minutes at a time (I have no personal knowledge of such statistics), but if someone has the ability to continue a game over multiple sittings, they probably will, so an untimed mode would seem reasonable.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
video?