Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM

Default Alice of Hearts

Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I started this thread because this game ain't half bad. The poker element is exactly the same (minus the x2 sqyars) as in Chillingo's poker puzzle game, the name of which escapes me at the moment. No advertisements...I don't yet know if iap becomes necessary or not.

EDIT: lotsa typos.

Last edited by Greyskull; 04-18-2013 at 02:42 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 04:19 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I started this thread because thos game ain't half bad. The poker element is exactly the same (minis the x2 swuars) as in Chillingo's poker puzzle game, the of which escapes me at the moment. No advertisements...I don't yet know if iap becomes necessary or not.
Is the game you're thinking of the one that is more like a match-3 game? I played some of it before... I think the original dev got out from under the chillingo umbrella and published it themselves but I can't remember the name of it either.

This game looks like a similar genre, but more like Othello meets Poker.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:48 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Is the game you're thinking of the one that is more like a match-3 game? I played some of it before... I think the original dev got out from under the chillingo umbrella and published it themselves but I can't remember the name of it either.

This game looks like a similar genre, but more like Othello meets Poker.
No, not a match three. You have a square board that starts with 5 poker cards already placed in a line. You are dealt cards, which are kept in a shelf like scrabble. You can use all of your cards, one card, or any number (you have 5 stored at any given time) to create poker hands. Then the other player goes, and, like scrabble, can bridge off of your cards and create combos if placed correctly. The Chillingo game (which might not be Chillingo anymore) had you competing vs the a.i. or in an asynchronous match against other players for points. In this game, your hands attack the enemies' health and grant you skill points, which can be used for special attacks/buffs. There is also a weapon system and you can bring up to 3 special effects cards with you.

I haven't played multiplayer yet, but there is a full single-player campaign. 2 currencies, one common an one rare (as is the usual), though I haven't needed to spend any yet. It doesn't require an online connection, iirc.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I'm pretty positive I've never played that game, but I don't seek puzzle card games out since so many end up free. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
No, not a match three. You have a square board that starts with 5 poker cards already placed in a line. You are dealt cards, which are kept in a shelf like scrabble. You can use all of your cards, one card, or any number (you have 5 stored at any given time) to create poker hands. Then the other player goes, and, like scrabble, can bridge off of your cards and create combos if placed correctly. The Chillingo game (which might not be Chillingo anymore) had you competing vs the a.i. or in an asynchronous match against other players for points. In this game, your hands attack the enemies' health and grant you skill points, which can be used for special attacks/buffs. There is also a weapon system and you can bring up to 3 special effects cards with you.

I haven't played multiplayer yet, but there is a full single-player campaign. 2 currencies, one common an one rare (as is the usual), though I haven't needed to spend any yet. It doesn't require an online connection, iirc.

I think you're talking about the Chillingo game Poker Pals. I remember that one, although its been awhile since I've played it.