• Publisher: GRL Games
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 25.9 MB
  • Version: 1.10
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 2 (1)
App description: "Rocket Patrol is one finely crafted card game that provides such a unique experience on iPad making it a thoroughly worthwhile download." - Apple'N'Apps

The coolest space race in the galaxy is now on your iPad!

NEW UPDATE! FREE 100 Stars with download for a limited time!

Rocket Patrol is a fun and easy card game you play with your friends or against the computer. Race to be the first to cross the finish line! Play delay cards on your opponent to throw them into an asteroid field, make their engine catch on fire or cause their ships reactor to go offline!

From the creators of the world smash hit Full Deck Solitaire, Rocket Patrol is a uniquely new take on an old fashioned game.

- single player and multiplayer
- chat with your friends live in any game
- 12 regular play cards, 2 more cards available via in-app-purchase
- opportunity to travel to new galaxies!
- play against your friends, a fiendish AI or a random opponent

A Game Center account is required to play online.

zaphodgjd's comments:
We are out in New Zealand!

04-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Wow! That was fast! And I'm pleasantly surprised its free! I will definitely give it a go when it shows up here in the states! Thanks in advance for the hard work to make what looks like an awesome game!

04-17-2013, 05:48 PM
only for ipad?

so this game is only playable on ipad?
04-17-2013, 05:51 PM
So how does the IAP work? I think I read a while back that Rocket Patrol was going to have paid expansions.
04-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpete View Post
so this game is only playable on ipad?
Yes, iPad only. We wanted to make a great experience on the iPad first. We do have an iPhone version in the works though.
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
So how does the IAP work? I think I read a while back that Rocket Patrol was going to have paid expansions.
You can play the game for free without ever encountering any IAP, perhaps that's awful for us money wise but it is good for the game. The IAP in there adds a "full version" of the game that unlocks two additional cards (with more coming), stars which let you swap your entire hand instead of discarding a single card in a turn, a star doubler, and infinite stars in case you get fed up with the concept of stars.
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodgjd View Post
You can play the game for free without ever encountering any IAP, perhaps that's awful for us money wise but it is good for the game. The IAP in there adds a "full version" of the game that unlocks two additional cards (with more coming), stars which let you swap your entire hand instead of discarding a single card in a turn, a star doubler, and infinite stars in case you get fed up with the concept of stars.
So if there's more cards coming in future does the full unlock include them or will they be extra iap further down the line?
Just wondering its only 69p and I'll be picking it up in a minute anyway.
04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
So if there's more cards coming in future does the full unlock include them or will they be extra iap further down the line?
Just wondering its only 69p and I'll be picking it up in a minute anyway.
I think we'll stick with the one full unlock for the game. That could get pretty daunting if we started to divide it up game balance wise.
04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Edit, not sure how to remove a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (176.9 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 04-17-2013 at 07:19 PM.
04-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Is there AI for this, or do you have to play online?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!