★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Yam Yam: Puzzle Guardians

04-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Yam Yam: Puzzle Guardians

I'm putting the final touches on my latest game, Yam Yam: Puzzle Guardians. I'll be releasing on Android and iOS on the same day.

You play as the forest guardians, Yam and Yam, and you have to help all the Lifelings get home before dark. If you don't... they'll get taken away by the Darklings!

It's built for touch screen so has nice and intuitive controls. There's a lot of mastery to Yam Yam. Once you get good at it you'll want to revisit the levels and get all the Master Shots. If you want to be *really* good at it you can try and beat each level using only 3 berries each time and using the speed-up too for maximum bonus points.

Feel free to post any constructive criticism.
Cheers

Play Yam Yam!
Download some great music for your game projects.
Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
04-20-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm beta testing this on iOS, and I must say it has the most addictive music!! Congrats on creating a total earworm!

04-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
I'm beta testing this on iOS, and I must say it has the most addictive music!! Congrats on creating a total earworm!
It's great to hear you're liking the soundtrack so much, cheers

Do you find yourself just leaving it on the first track or do you like to cycle through them?

Play Yam Yam!
04-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
Do you find yourself just leaving it on the first track or do you like to cycle through them?
Wait, there's different tracks?! I have to go check this out. I never noticed. I normally play games with the sound off, and this is one of the few where I've left the sound on, so yeah, just letting it play as it falls as I play the game, so far. However, now I'm intrigued...
04-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Wait, there's different tracks?! I have to go check this out. I never noticed. I normally play games with the sound off, and this is one of the few where I've left the sound on, so yeah, just letting it play as it falls as I play the game, so far. However, now I'm intrigued...
Ah ok, yeah there are 2 music tracks, an ambient sound effects track and a mute mode.

The audio button has a number next to it to show which track number it is currently on.

Play Yam Yam!
04-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
The audio button has a number next to it to show which track number it is currently on.
LOL, I thought the number stood for volume setting, and since I usually prefer my music off, I never tried it above what I thought was "low" aka "1" setting. Hah hah, now that I know it's a second music track, I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Okay, I tried the 3 settings, and I definitely prefer #1. The music on #3 is just fine, just not as "catchy" as #1. #2, on my iPad 3rd gen device, was just sound effect sounds, no music.

Last edited by dclose; 04-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.
04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
LOL, I thought the number stood for volume setting, and since I usually prefer my music off, I never tried it above what I thought was "low" aka "1" setting. Hah hah, now that I know it's a second music track, I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Okay, I tried the 3 settings, and I definitely prefer #1. The music on #3 is just fine, just not as "catchy" as #1. #2, on my iPad 3rd gen device, was just sound effect sounds, no music.
Yep that's how it's supposed to be Tracks 1 & 3 are music and track 2 is ambient sound.

Play Yam Yam!
05-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Release date

Amazon have approved Yam Yam so it will be out on both the Amazon store and Google Play on Thursday 9th May...!

If Samsung approve in time it will be out on the Samsung store too.

(Also out on iOS on the same day)

Play Yam Yam!