★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 4 Elements - Puzzledom ($0.99)

07-12-2009, 08:54 PM
4 Elements - Puzzledom ($0.99)

"An engaging, enchanted experience" that will "cast its spell over all who enter its world." - Gamezebo

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

APPLICATION DESCRIPTION

Save a magical puzzle kingdom from eternal darkness in 4 Elements - Puzzledom for iPhone and iPod touch! In a faraway land, where magic once ruled, four altars dedicated to the elements of earth, air, fire, and water have been destroyed, unleashing a powerful and dark force.

Solve an enchanting assortment of puzzles to collect four ancient books of magic, restore the altars, and release the four elemental powers. Remove matching groups of vibrant game pieces to guide the elements to the altars and drive back the darkness, search locations for hidden objects, and try challenging spot-the-difference levels.

Embark on this amazing journey to restore light to the Puzzledom before this captivating world is lost forever.

If you like your match-3 games like Bejeweled, Collapse, and others with a little touch of magic, you're going to love 4 Elements - Puzzledom.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

FEATURES

☆Explore and unlock four unique magic books to tame the forces of Earth, Wind, Fire and Water.

☆A captivating mix of hidden object, spot the difference and matching games!

☆Blast away obstacles with explosive power-ups Enjoy hours and hours of puzzle fun with more than 30 levels!

☆Unleash the power of your phone with amazing graphics and visual effects.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321606943&mt=8

07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Just downloaded the game and played through 10 levels. Graphics and different styles of play are comparable to the favorites (Azkend, Treasures,etc.). Looks to be pretty great, I think there's a bug. When you tap the upper left corner in any level; it completes the level and goes to the summary page. Regardless of percentage completed on the level.

07-12-2009, 09:21 PM
07-12-2009, 09:28 PM
07-12-2009, 09:40 PM
The iPhone version looks to be about 50% less eye candy than the PC too. Lots of details out and the puzzles so far are not as conplex as the mobile version.
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrewDiddy View Post
...I think there's a bug. When you tap the upper left corner in any level; it completes the level and goes to the summary page. Regardless of percentage completed on the level.
Real Arcade needs a better quality control. Bounce Out was released with a huge bug (you were able to play just the first table) and it was brought out in no time.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
It sucks because this could have been pretty good. It looks rushed and as you're working on a level, if you hit the corner on accident; it's level over.
07-21-2009, 01:47 PM
other issues

This game started out fine...didn't realize I was hitting that square and kept wondering how I was running out of time so fast. Forget the fact that it eats battery life like nothing I have ever seen. However, I found that after completing the second book, and its card, it said the third book was locked. If you try to scroll back, you end up having to start again. When the update came out, that problem with time running out seemed to be fixed, but I still seemed to have to repeat levels over and over, even after completing them. I started a new game, got to what should be book 3 (earth and fire finished) and bam, still locked. Finally, a few minutes ago I decided to delete the game and start all over again with a fresh install (since I'd been through those maddening levels more times than I can count, doing it all again in the hopes that I'd finally get somewhere seemed the best idea). Of course, now the game is not on the app store. Searching brings up some bizarre witch book or something. At any rate, I'm hoping it gets fixed and I get it back (but fixed). I found it odd that no one else had this problem, but then again, there weren't really any reviews on the app store and I suppose that if you wrote a review off first impressions without getting too far, the problem wouldn't be noticeable.

For what it's worth, though, I liked the game on the PC, and it should be better on the iphone since the gameplay and touch screen are perfect for one another...if the game actually works, that is.
08-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Tempted to pick this up for $1 now that it's on sale. I do like most RealArcade games like Tiki Towers, Collapse Chaos, PileupCandymania, LittleShop of Treasures and Sally's Salon. So for those who have it has the new updates fixed your complaints?

edit: nvm was able to try it out..it's really bad controls...avoid save your buck.

Last edited by mrbass; 08-25-2009 at 04:12 PM.
08-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Tempted to pick this up for $1 now that it's on sale. I do like most RealArcade games like Tiki Towers, Collapse Chaos, PileupCandymania, LittleShop of Treasures and Sally's Salon. So for those who have it has the new updates fixed your complaints?

edit: nvm was able to try it out..it's really bad controls...avoid save your buck.
Bummer - wish I read this thread - purchased just a few minutes ago... Well, maybe I will be cashing in on Real Arcades satisfaction guarantee...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer