★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ricky Piller
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 31.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Put those wacky moles back into their holes in this silly, kid friendly mole whacking game!

Follow us on Facebook at keyword "My Whacky Moles" to track our goal for raising money for Alzheimer's!

RPiller's comments:
Hey guys,

I made my first iOS game! I've been game developing as a hobby for a good 10 years now, and have finally decided to publish something. It's a scary process as you're putting your baby out there, and it can be scary to hear what others think about it. Here is the press release I've written up. Again, the hardest part I'm finding about releasing a game is how to get it out there so people know about it.

Why Alzheimer's in the title? For all games I plan on releasing I'm donating 25% of profits to a charity that has meaning to me. The press release below explains the meaning of Alzheimer's. I hope to inspire others to help some good causes with their profits as I feel it's a win for everyone.

Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia which is a serious loss of global cognitive ability. It truly is a horrible disease which robs people of their family and friends. So where is the connection with mole whackin' you may ask? Well one indie developer has decided to use his passion for making games to help fight for a cure. Ricky Piller has witnessed Alzheimer's first hand as both his grandmother and uncle passed away from this horrible disease. To help raise money for The Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundation, (www.alzinfo.org) Ricky has made a mole whacking game for kids where a portion of the profits will be donated.

My Whacky Moles is a fun whack-a-mole type game that invites kids to "whack" moles popping out of the ground at an ever-increasing rate by tapping on the screen. The cartoonish characters, fun sound effects, and easy menu navigation using colors and shapes, makes My Whacky Moles a great kid friendly game. Much like the arrogant pigs in Angry Birds, the obnoxious moles makes you want to "whack" them and put them back into their holes over and over again.

My Whacky Moles sells for .99 on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id634537687?mt=8&affId=1860684). So if you want some affordable entertainment for your children while knowing a portion of your money is going for a good cause, then give My Whacky Moles a try today.

Visit us on Facebook to track our goal and give me a like if you like what I'm doing! http://www.facebook.com/MyWhackyMoles
04-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Always nice to see causes being supported through gaming. Your iTunes link is kinda broken there though, I'm guessing this is the game?

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Sorry about that. Yeah, that is the game. I'll fix it in the original post. Thanks for the support. I really hope to reach our goal, even though it is ambitious, but I'm a shoot for the moon kind of guy
04-22-2013, 08:26 AM
This is also an iPad game and I notice there is a separate forum for that. Is it acceptable to post this same thing in that forum as well?
04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Added the games facebook page for goal tracking.