★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Iris (Now FREE)

07-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Iris (Now FREE)

Iris - $2.99 (now $1)

"Long time ago, devils built many demonic towers before they were beaten.
The towers cause great damage to all the people, but the human race has no way to destroy the demonic towers until the balance of elements is recovered. Therefore, Sorcerkian, the grand duke of the Irisian Empire organized a special team named Elemental Force to capture, purify, and balance the three elements.

Now, as a member of Elemental Force, you have to save the continent Iris by capturing elements!"

FEATURES
PC, Console Quality Graphics.
Semi-isometric Projection
4 Distinctive Regions to Clear.
Revolutionary Touch Control for iPhone/iPod Touch.
Various Skills to Learn.
Various Items to Equip.

PLAY DETAILS
1. Create your heroine and go to one of the four regions in the Irisian Continent!
2. Collect elements passing by according to the color of the small element at the bottom bar!
3. Use Spells to achieve your goal!
4. Post your score and compete with your friends!
5. Level up! Get Gold!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 07-15-2009 at 01:39 PM.
07-12-2009, 09:56 PM
... the 3rd screenshot's got me thinking.

07-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Yeah, I had the same thought.

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]
07-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
I almost want to buy it because of that screenshot lol

seriously, what the hell?
07-12-2009, 10:21 PM
.... Um ok.... Well I did not see that coming

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I went back to the 3rd screenshot after reading that and now I'm wondering too..
07-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I just gave in and bought it... lol
07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny82 View Post
I just gave in and bought it... lol
Impressions, pwease.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Ok, so I only played for a very short period, and I am using a 3GS.

The game starts off with some poorly translated dialogue, but you will be able to understand it anyhow. The story starts off with you talking to people around the city. The last screenshot shows what you can click to talk to someone. Screenshot 3 is a conversation. Nothing is animated while conversing, and the map screen isn't either.

Once you have finished talking to people you start the mission and it takes you to the map, which is the 3D one that was posted. First off, thats basically the entire map... No exploring, it shifts over maybe 10% more when you go left, right, up or down.

That picture you see below the sprite is not 3d, its just flat and you hover over the entire thing. The point is to collect the right color of floating orbs. A bar at the bottom says what you need, and you must avoid the other colours. Your character isn't truely animated either. It just faces whatever way you are going.

Overall, I don't care for it so far. If you like the kind of game where you need to collect one thing and avoid others it might suit your taste, but there are much more refined games out there in my opinion!
07-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks johnny82. *Plasters AVOID sign over Iris*

iPad 3G: The first personal computer.