★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dungeon Hearts (ipad only) on sale for .99

04-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Dungeon Hearts (ipad only) on sale for .99

it isn't on sale yet on the East Coast of the US; it will be later tonight. It should be on sale right now in NZ.
04-24-2013, 07:36 AM
I tried so hard to play this much, but i can only play it one game before playing something else. I still get back to it as i like it, but i usually end up being mentally exhausted after playing a game of this.

Should be worth a buck.

For those who decide to buy this, DONT EXPECT TO BUY A PROGRESSIVE PUZZLE-RPG. This game is more like Slayin, where every game starts at level 1, only that it will leave you exhausted after each game, instead of leave you satisfied and wanting more.

It isnt a great game because of the difficulty, but it's worth a buck, i guess. Just make ure you know what you are getting and not get the wrong expectations.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

04-24-2013, 08:17 AM
I was hoping it would have been more slow paced, and I have some hope the Dev will tweak the difficulty later down the road, but for a dollar I can't say no to this. I really wish things weren't so wackadoodles with the gameplay.
04-24-2013, 08:23 AM
So this doesn't play like Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords?

Where I don't have to rush and can think about each move?

GC: UnSurreal
04-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card View Post
So this doesn't play like Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords?

Where I don't have to rush and can think about each move?
It's hectic as f***. You wont have time to think things through.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-25-2013, 06:30 AM
Does anyone recommend this? Or is it best to just skip it?
04-25-2013, 07:09 AM
I jumped on it as soon as I saw the sale price. I have only played through the tutorial so far, but the artwork is sure gorgeous and the developer seems to be very responsive to players over on the game's Steam forums.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
04-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I jumped on it as soon as I saw the sale price. I have only played through the tutorial so far, but the artwork is sure gorgeous and the developer seems to be very responsive to players over on the game's Steam forums.
True that...

Because of the complaints in difficulty, they have reworked the difficulty on every update released so far.

It's very playable now, more so than it was when first released, but it's still a little too exhausting to play as the game doesnt feel as rewarding when killing things and when levelling up.

I can recommend it at a buck, but know that this is more like Monsters Ate my Condo, where everything starts from scratch (in this case level 1s), and you level up as you play along... Just not as fun as MAMC, but still decent nonetheless.

Even levelling up demands that you panic. LOL

04-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
True that...

Because of the complaints in difficulty, they have reworked the difficulty on every update released so far.

It's very playable now, more so than it was when first released, but it's still a little too exhausting to play as the game doesnt feel as rewarding when killing things and when levelling up.

I can recommend it at a buck, but know that this is more like Monsters Ate my Condo, where everything starts from scratch (in this case level 1s), and you level up as you play along... Just not as fun as MAMC, but still decent nonetheless.

Even levelling up demands that you panic. LOL
MAMC or SUPER MAMC?

I much prefer the former to the latter.
04-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
MAMC or SUPER MAMC?

I much prefer the former to the latter.
Yeah... MAMC is best. SMAMC becomes a troublesome grindfest in between hi-score attempts. Too bad i was liking the scoring system and the equips part of SMAMC.