★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

To Devs: I'll Review Your Game if Asked

07-13-2009, 01:46 AM
To Devs: I'll Review Your Game if Asked

Closed.

Last edited by Stairs; 07-20-2009 at 12:44 AM.
07-13-2009, 02:38 AM
Uh show one of your reviews you've made here.

back

07-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I wish I had more time to review games. I love reviewing iPhone games, because they are cheap and easy to get a hold of, and I usually have all the latest games. The only thing I lack is time, which I guess I could substitue a bit of gaming time to write some. I have always had a joy in journalism and creative writing and applying it to video game reviews. I would be more than happy to do this too, but I don't have anything serious up so yeah... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Prove to me your skills. Give me a thorough, detailed review of both of Iliad and The Odyssey. Then we shall see if thou art worthy for iPhone games.

07-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Prove to me your skills. Give me a thorough, detailed review of both of Iliad and The Odyssey. Then we shall see if thou art worthy for iPhone games.
Wouldn't that be more of a review for Stanza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-17-2009, 07:04 PM
I would like to give reviews as well. Because I've written a lot before in the Appstore.

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
07-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stairs View Post
As long as I have either have the game (which is likely), have money/desire to buy it when you request for it, or receive a promo code so I don't have to go broke
no.1- It isn't lkely you have their app unless you own about 50,000 of them.
No.2- You will review it with your own money if you actually want to buy the game
no.3- This is basically a bending of the rules to ask developers for promocodes

/end rant on noob

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
07-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
OMG Age of Mythology. That game was epic.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
As one of the developers I see the request for promo codes from a person with 47 posts, and I think "Not a chance."

Both people I've given codes to tonight have over 1000 posts, and seem to be quite well regarded in the forums (I've only been lurking here for a week, and just registered).
I still intend to give some more codes away tonight, but seeing as there is a limit on the amount available to us as devs it makes no sense to just throw them out willy nilly to anyone when we don't even know if the person is ever going to comment on a game again.
If I send someone a code, I don't *expect* a review. But chances are I'm throwing them a code because they a) seem to have a habit of talking about the games they play b) will likely pass it on to someone they think will enjoy it. and c) hope the game is actually good enough that it will inspire an active community member to say "I liked this", and not take a big steaming poop on it

My two cents,
Cheers.
07-19-2009, 12:39 AM
So we all agree this thread is ridiculous?

Atommo, make me the third person?

back