★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket (iphone/ipod) 1.99->Free

04-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Ticket to Ride Europe Pocket (iphone/ipod) 1.99->Free

Not the first time it's been free, but it doesn't go free often. Must have game for board game fans. The ipad version has, AFAIK, never gone free.
04-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Must have game for board game fans.
+1

I have the iPad version, all the IAP's, and a copy of the physical board game too. IMO, TtR is a great gateway board game ...

04-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks! Such an excellent game.
04-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primozz View Post
+1

I have the iPad version, all the IAP's, and a copy of the physical board game too. IMO, TtR is a great gateway board game ...
I don't have the ipad version...is multplayer compatible between ipad and the pocket version?
04-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb3rly11 View Post
Thanks! Such an excellent game.
NP...there was an excellent PC game (DOS, I think) that was probably influenced by or itself influenced Ticket to Ride (depending which came out first)...I forget the exact name. I think it was named 1848 or 1868, (something) And Robber Barons. I played it well into the 2000's. I'm sure one of the other old timers will remember the name.

Last edited by Greyskull; 04-26-2013 at 01:44 PM.
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
I don't have the ipad version...is multplayer compatible between ipad and the pocket version?
No Days of Wonder have said they won't put Game Center MP in the iPad version because so few people use it in the iPhone version... It was just an excuse to not implement it. Like when they said the iPad version would never go universal cause ticket to ride can't fit on the iPhone's screen... Then refused to talk about it again after the iPhone version was released. Or when they said iPad wouldn't get async because the game would take to long but then did it for iPhone. DoW have a bad habit of telling users what they should want, contrary to all logic or evidence offered.

So now:
iPhone version has Game Center Multiplayer with Async

iPad version gets Days of Wonder Account Multiplayer (vs iPads, PC, and Macs) but matches are Live only.
04-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
No Days of Wonder have said they won't put Game Center MP in the iPad version because so few people use it in the iPhone version... It was just an excuse to not implement it. Like when they said the iPad version would never go universal cause ticket to ride can't fit on the iPhone's screen... Then refused to talk about it again after the iPhone version was released. Or when they said iPad wouldn't get async because the game would take to long but then did it for iPhone. DoW have a bad habit of telling users what they should want, contrary to all logic or evidence offered.

So now:
iPhone version has Game Center Multiplayer with Async

iPad version gets Days of Wonder Account Multiplayer (vs iPads, PC, and Macs) but matches are Live only.
That's crap...and certainly deters me from purchasing the ipad version, which I was just thinking of doing.
03-07-2014, 07:11 PM
03-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Quote:
That's crap...and certainly deters me from purchasing the ipad version, which I was just thinking of doing.
That certainly sounds like BS but fortunately I hate any MP that isn't hotseat and love me some Ticket to Ride. Eventually, when the iPad version goes on sale again I'll pick that up. It for now this little free morsel is nice to have.

Anyway, the iPad version is definitely a solid port and the AI is competitive enough to fill in for the occasional game.
03-08-2014, 07:26 AM
I haven't played any board games yet on my device. Downloading this one so I can give it a whirl. Thanks for the heads up!