★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sea Captain v1.1

07-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Sea Captain v1.1

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded Sea Captain!

Version 1.1 has a ton of sweet new features. We just submitted to Apple this morning, so hopefully you'll have the update in about a week.

Here's what the update has:

- New gameplay feature: Captain's Orders! A good captain doesn't need to issue a ton of orders to each ship. Try to complete the maps and challenges without changing the boat paths too often to earn extra points.

- New scoring system: now tracking both "hi-score" and "most docked". "Order efficiency" plays a part in your score, so issue your orders strategically.

- New gameplay mode: Challenges! Try to complete six unique challenges that alter the normal gameplay scenarios, including one that puts you in the role of a pirate.

- New path feedback: if you draw a path that cuts too close to a port/dock the path dots will turn black, alerting you to re-draw your path.

- New weather effects...check out the Challenges to see them.

- The main menu now shows what percentage of the game you've completed.

- Redone stats screen that includes a status icon showing your overall game progress.

- Fast Forward has been slowed and is now much more useful.

- Fixed memory leak(s) related to sound effects.

- Fixed the bug that allowed players to post the same score twice.

- All three maps have been made *slightly* easier.

And here's a teaser screenshot of one of the new challenges:

07-13-2009, 09:51 AM
wow thats quite an update!

07-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I wish I remember which member of this forum told me to get Harbor Master over Sea Captain because Harbor Master's devs were going to release updates while Sea Captain wasn't.

Regardless, I'll probably end up with both. Sea Captain is alot of fun... but I love this whole genre.

Anyways, looks like a great update... it is really fun to get to see and play these games as the genre matures. What started out so simple and addictive w/ Flight Control is becoming more complex and interesting - and hopefully even more fun.

Warp Gate is finally here...

Others currently getting play time: Strategery... the other 30 apps I own never really get played.
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyfpope View Post
Aha, now the Twitter Challenge makes more sense!

If nothing else, adding a few challenges every month or so would give this game huge legs, good going!

That "Orders Efficiency" mechanic sounds sweet!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Looking forward to it. Have to say out of the three games in this genre that I own they rank for me, as of today...

1. Sea Captain
2. Harbor Master
3. Flight Control

And that is without your update.

1) Tried out AT&T tethering and did not have enough money for the pole.
2) Apple still hasn't fixed the no-hardware-keyboard bug.
3) Still can't use the "Cut" function on the AT&T bill...current 4.x issues
07-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Very kewl. That's a lot of new content for the first update. I'm impressed.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
thats a lot of stuff. XD nice update
07-13-2009, 06:15 PM
ok i have to admit i really underestimated this game so sorry for that. the update looks awesome! as big a fan i am of harbor master i have to say i actually like this one better now!
07-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_10 View Post
ok i have to admit i really underestimated this game so sorry for that. the update looks awesome! as big a fan i am of harbor master i have to say i actually like this one better now!
Welcome to the dark side, Luke.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Easter egg hint... "captain brown beard, arrrrr"

-MC

-Mark Corotan Art Director
>CURIOUS TOYS Homepage
>SUNDANG Homepage (temp)