★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

"This application can not be downloaded at this time." Help?

04-28-2013, 10:01 AM
"This application can not be downloaded at this time." Help?

I'm trying to reinstall Heroes and Castles Lite. I've had it on my device before and played it before. Now I'm attempting to install it again and I keep getting that "Can't be downloaded" message halfway through the download

I have more than enough space free to download the game so that's not an issue. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks
04-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I'm trying to reinstall Heroes and Castles Lite. I've had it on my device before and played it before. Now I'm attempting to install it again and I keep getting that "Can't be downloaded" message halfway through the download

I have more than enough space free to download the game so that's not an issue. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

You have around a gigabyte free?
Restart your device and also check the strenght of your Wifi signal.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-28-2013, 11:30 AM
I had that happen a few times, too.
Wifi signal was ok, and I am pretty sure that it did not drop during the downloads.
My best guess is Appstore hiccups, as an hour or two later it worked fine everytime this happened. Plus, I saw some other odd stuff in the last few weeks, i.e. app updates showing up again 1-3 days after I downloaded them already.
04-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
I had that happen a few times, too.
Wifi signal was ok, and I am pretty sure that it did not drop during the downloads.
My best guess is Appstore hiccups, as an hour or two later it worked fine everytime this happened. Plus, I saw some other odd stuff in the last few weeks, i.e. app updates showing up again 1-3 days after I downloaded them already.
Tried the other post's suggestion, still happened
Hope it's just AppStore hiccups. Really wanted to try the game again before buying the full version
04-28-2013, 04:14 PM
I get this, pretty rarely, and usually just click to retry a few times and it works.

One time, downloading asphalt 7, on one of my old devices, I shut the iPod off midway through the download. When I turned it on, I got that message and the download would hang. Tried to D/L about 5 times. Erased the file tried again, same message. Nothing worked. I gave up and moved on.
Hopefully you get it to work and don't have the same problem I did.
04-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
I get this, pretty rarely, and usually just click to retry a few times and it works.

One time, downloading asphalt 7, on one of my old devices, I shut the iPod off midway through the download. When I turned it on, I got that message and the download would hang. Tried to D/L about 5 times. Erased the file tried again, same message. Nothing worked. I gave up and moved on.
Hopefully you get it to work and don't have the same problem I did.
Yeah, lately, especially for updates, get a failed message, and have to keep hitting retry a bunch of times sometimes, kinda annoying, but not a show stopper.