★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Letter Match released a day early...

View Poll Results: I would much rather prefer to buy...
...remakes of fun 2D games 1 16.67%
...a 3D remake of a fun 2D game 0 0%
...something flashy in 3D that looks like it could be fun 2 33.33%
...something never seen before and find out for myself it is fun or not 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll
07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Letter Match released a day early...

Hi all, Apple released my game yesterday even though I had it set in the store as being available from the 14th. Go figure...

So AGAIN I only ever see my games on page 2 onwards...

Anyways, here is the link to it Letter Match

The game was designed to be pick-up-and-play so it has no learning curve and starts off very simple. It has 4 levels to progress through and with each level the timer speeds up and the word you have to spell out becomes longer. Just to be funny I start to decrease your score after the timer runs out. This means the game ends when you beat all 4 levels or if your score gets depleted down to 0...

Fortunately I give you enough time to match the words, but at level 4 you really need to haul arse so get it done without loosing your precious score... Thus, if you get yoru name in the high scores, you really deserved it

If you are looking for the next Metal Gear, don't get this because you will be disappointed. If you carry your phone with you everywhere you go and often find you have 5 to 10 minutes to spare, this is a great little app to use up that spare time...

So get ready... go!

Have fun, all
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
too bad you didn't make your poll multi choice...with the capabilities of our idevices, a good 3d remake of a great 2d game or a totally new concept that takes advantage of the hardware are both my choices

...it's good to have modern versions of the classics, but certainly doesn't hurt to have new and unique games come out that wil be tomorrow's classics
07-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi. Point well taken. Thing is exactly that, though, I can't make up my mind and am torn between the options so I want to know which ONE people prefer the most... That is the question...
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Cutout Heroes - Making of a Ninja is a cute game, btw.
I will be looking forward to a lite version of Letter Match in the future, if you will be doing so.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
07-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I was actually thinking about it but can't see how to make a lite version. As it is, there is 4 levels containing 30 3-long words, 25 4-long words and 20 5-long words. You have to spell out 30 words then 25 then 20 then 15 but from the available words to there IS a lot of repitition of the words. The goal is to spell them quickly, not to spell an infinite number of words so this is okay by me

I was thinking, though, of either adding more levels or more words and making THIS version the lite version. This game is simple and QUICK, i.e. you can complete it in 10 minutes each time. If I take stuff OUT the game would become .... worthless in my my eyes... But would you pay for a game that is exactly the same as a free game in terms of gameplay, levels and duration with the only difference being that words seldomly repeat? I think not.

So add more levels... That would either make the counter move too fast for the final levels and force you to loose points or it will mean making all the levels slower so that the later levels will move at the current speed. More levels... slower... taking longer to reach the position you reach in the lite version in 10 minutes...

I think the key thing about this game is the fact that it is easy and quick. Forcing you to play for 30 minutes or more or else you won't get your score saved... Not good...

Apart from some form of bonus system for very fast spelling or now and then changing a random target into a gold target for a minute and you having to be fast enough to get a word that uses that board before it turns back... I can't really think how to make a non-lite version of this game then...

If you have any ideas, please feel free to share....