★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gyro13 Steam Copter (by Cinemax) ->Free

04-29-2013, 06:11 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Gyro13 Steam Copter (by Cinemax) ->Free




This is NOT the lite version, which occasionally jumps to paid for a day before going back to being free. It's a good game, though the controls take some getting used to.

Last edited by Greyskull; 04-29-2013 at 07:19 AM.
04-29-2013, 06:43 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,103
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Too bad this amazing game didnt get the love, attention and sales that it deserved.

I've still got it on my iPad, and even have it on my iPhone 5, even though its not widescreen supported, and the controls are uncomfortable on the 4" screen... I enjoy it THAT much...

04-29-2013, 07:21 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Too bad this amazing game didnt get the love, attention and sales that it deserved.

I've still got it on my iPad, and even have it on my iPhone 5, even though its not widescreen supported, and the controls are uncomfortable on the 4" screen... I enjoy it THAT much...
Having played it on a full sized ipad and an iphone before, I think I found its native habitat...the iPad Mini. Seeing the sale reminded me to try it on this form factor.
04-29-2013, 07:24 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
...to try it on this form factor.
^which is what im doing now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-29-2013, 07:33 AM
#5
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 532
I've never heard of this but it looks interesting.
04-29-2013, 08:34 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
To bad it's a different Cinemax...I've been waiting most of my life for an adaptation of "Silk Stalkings".

Americans over the age of 30 will know what I'm talking about .
04-29-2013, 08:40 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
To bad it's a different Cinemax...I've been waiting most of my life for an adaptation of "Silk Stalkings".

Americans over the age of 30 will know what I'm talking about .
Perhaps TellTale will pick up the rights?

As for this one, hadn't heard of it, but the main thread is quite the trip down memory lane... reminds me that no matter how much things change, they ultimately stay the same.

/digression

Picking it up, hopefully checking it out a bit later! 2 more days! 2 more days! 2 more days! 2 more d...

DBC

I could never give up.
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Meh, no retina. Might as well take Greyskull's advice and play it on an ugly SD screen
04-29-2013, 09:23 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Meh, no retina. Might as well take Greyskull's advice and play it on an ugly SD screen
Hey now! The ipad mini has a higher pixel density than an ipad 2, so it's...kinda Retina. Retiney? Either way, it's not such a bad resolution,
04-29-2013, 10:50 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Hey now! The ipad mini has a higher pixel density than an ipad 2, so it's...kinda Retina. Retiney? Either way, it's not such a bad resolution,
Retinaic. And yeah, the mini is a monster in mobile gaming. Now where's my overpriced retina ipad mini Apple?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword