★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Repulze on sale for 0.99 (PHASE 3 out-A.I. INCLUDED!)

04-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Repulze on sale for 0.99 (PHASE 3 out-A.I. INCLUDED!)

04-30-2013, 10:28 AM
A little iffy on buying this. A long IAP list like that tends to scare me off

04-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykikgmr View Post
A little iffy on buying this. A long IAP list like that tends to scare me off
IAPs are not always something bad.
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdreh View Post
IAPs are not always something bad.
Consumables are.
04-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Consumables are.
It doesn't look like there are any consumable IAPs in this game. The one review of this new version states that IAPs are completely optional.
04-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Well... I've had a good time with SNES' F-Zero about 15 or 20 years ago, so I'm giving this game a try. Since the IAPs are not necessary for me to proceed, I don't mind. I hope this is not a paid freemium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrotran View Post
It doesn't look like there are any consumable IAPs in this game. The one review of this new version states that IAPs are completely optional.
This case I don't mind at all. If the developers build 5 dolars premium game, many people don't buy it. So many of them choose to make more free to play games and put IAPs so they can cover it's costs.

Playing a lot: Fifa 13, Cosmic Mechanic, Table Top Raging and Random Heroes 2.
Indication: Random Heroes 2

Support indie developers' hard work.

Last edited by amdreh; 04-30-2013 at 01:10 PM.
04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrotran View Post
It doesn't look like there are any consumable IAPs in this game.
Toolkits are consumable. I haven't played much since that update but apparently there is also a $5 ship you need to buy to compete on the leader boards. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd still say its worth a buck anyway, but it would be better without consumable IAP.
04-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Toolkits are consumable. I haven't played much since that update but apparently there is also a $5 ship you need to buy to compete on the leader boards. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd still say its worth a buck anyway, but it would be better without consumable IAP.
Hrmm...did everyone tell me to buy this only to watch the game morph its monetary model? Oooh, but...updates!

Time to take it off of my watchlist. Stupid devs. And publishers.
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Clarification of EVERY IAP in this game

Quote:

Allow me to clarify every single IAP. There are toolkit IAPs that help you to instantly get a number of toolkits. This IAP is not necessary since you can get them in Phase 2 and 3. There is another toolkit IAP that expands your storage for toolkits. Again, this is not necessary since you will increase your storage space after ranking up by completing challenges. Check out the rank rewards page in-game under Profile. But buying this IAP allows you to get even more insane storage space than usual (Your max after ranking all the way up is 150 without IAP, 200+ with the IAP), though its rather unnecessary.

There is another IAP to unlock the best hovercraft in this game, SYN-1101. This is not compulsory since you will eventually unlock this when you reach a very high rank. Check out the rank rewards page again.

The last batch of IAPs is the gold paint schemes of all 7 hovercrafts in this game. Most of them look really pretty, so go ahead and buy them if you wish. But again it's not necessary since the only effect of using this gold paint scheme is that you get double the usual amount of XP, or perhaps another function is to...show off ...The only not so nice gold paint scheme is for the hovercraft Nousagi.

I wrote that review, btw Hope I cleared up the misunderstandings around here Don't hesitate to buy if you love racing, especially with combat! It's totally worth the buck, and I would even buy it at its original price without much hesitation
04-30-2013, 04:08 PM
It deeply hurts my heart that people are on the fence about this for 99 cents. It's easily one of the best (if not THE best) racing games on ios with a ridiculous amount of content, fun, and polish.

The IAP is so unnecessary that I don't even know what to say if you play it and can't get by without it.

And if you all pass on this 99 CENT game, congrats. You are the reason for freemium.

That is all. : )