App description: The premiere MORPG for mobile, Dark Avenger!
Join tens of thousands of players online in the ultimate hack-n-slash dungeon crawler!
OVER 12 MILLION DOWNLOADS WORLDWIDE!!

Discover 4 unique classes to fight the evil!
- Choose from Templar, Archer, Berserker, and Sorceress in your fight against new evils that have awoken!

State-of-the-art Graphics
- Over 10 million players are fighting the evil every day!
- Brilliant 3D Graphics featured in Full HD with Dynamic Lighting!!
- Side Camera View feature added for dynamic gameplay!

Boss Raid: Strategic Co-Op Battle
- Play simultaneously with 3 other players in Boss Raid mode!
- Formulate strategies with all 4 heroes to defeat the new and advanced World Bosses!

New 3:3 PvP Battle Network
- No wait times and queues! Players can join anytime in epic real-time 3:3 Death Matches!
- Reign over others! Play and compete in the warlord match!
- Accumulate wins/losses & kills/deaths to compete in the weekly ranking for awesome rewards!

Infinity Tower: The Hunting Never Stops
- Compete against the best players around the world every week!
- Reach new heights and become the ultimate warrior!
- Meet new event bosses at certain floors!

18 vs 1: The Ultimate In-Game Action
- The brand new semi-targeting system allows players to maximize the in-game experience!
- Combine full effects and skills in a devastating combo to fend off multiple enemies at once!

Join the community at https://www.facebook..com/DarkAvengerGAMEVIL

Sanuku's comments:

05-01-2013, 05:39 AM
Could be good, so is there an 'offline' single player mission ? Or is it all PvP ?

05-01-2013, 05:39 AM
Wow, a 3D RPG from Gamevil? I think that's a first.

Seems to use randomly generated dungeons, which from the screenshots look more like it's an arena/wave based combat possibly like Dungeon Hunter 3.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Yeah good point, looking at the second screenshot it mentions single player so i'll give it a go but like you say its probably non stop arena based fighting rather than actual missions etc.

I'll give it a chance but we'll see
05-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Here's my review after 5 "missions":

The first thing you'll notice in Dark Avenger is how smooth everything is. On the ipad 4 the game runs at 60fps nearly constantly. It looks really good (and is retina ready) and you can adjust the quality of the graphics through different presets.

There are three types of currencies: Gold, Gems and Forge. You can gain some gold by killing monsters and the forge is used to upgrade some weapons (earned by doing the arena). The gems are your standard IAP currency and can't be earned in game as far as I can see. No tapjoy either.

The main game is broken down in three modes: Single Player, Arena and Deathmatch.

-Single Player is where you'll find your typical dungeon crawling missions. There's no story, you simply advance through some linear corridors trying to stay alive/loot/kill/being badass. Every 5 level you'll face a tougher mission with a boss waiting for you at the end and there are a LOT of missions.

-The Arena: You go through different floors of ennemies but you are limited by a timer. Every creature you kill gives you more time. This is where you'll grind when you need to or where you'll earn some forge tokens. There's also a weekly leaderboards with prizes.

-Deathmatch: PVP arena.

So how's the game? Well there's a huge amount of polish, the combat feels good even though the basic combo is repetitive and the fact that you have only access to one (melee) class means that the gameplay is limited. The skill tree is quite good and you level up quite fast.

The inventory cannot be accessed in game and is kinda clunky. It works but it could be better with some sorting options and the ability to sell mutiple items at once. You can buy some inventory spaces with gold and you can buy and loot potions. You can also find fountains in game that replenishes your health (a la Diablo 3)

All in all this is a comptetent Dungeon Crawling albeit one without a story or even the slighest bit of exploration. I can't speak of any paywall yet but there doesn't seem to be any kind of timer at least and the fact that you can buy and find potions is a bit comforting.

Last edited by killercow; 05-01-2013 at 06:39 AM.
05-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Downloading now!
There's only one class for now (Templar) and you can choose between some missons (some with bosses) or an arena.
Two types of currencies but you can buy some potions and inventory spaces with the gold you loot!
The arena has a weekly leaderboards.

The animations are really well done and the framerate is high. The game is retina display on the ipad. You can adjust the graphics in game.
There's no roll/dodge though...
Sigh... Still very cautious about downloading Gamevil titles, but this kinda gave me the push to do so. Hope it comes to the PH appstore soon.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Killcow, any signs of PVP rewards/leader boards? Or is PVP for "fun"? Always afraid when I see gamevil but might try this.
05-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStephen View Post
Killcow, any signs of PVP rewards/leader boards? Or is PVP for "fun"? Always afraid when I see gamevil but might try this.
There's a leaderboard and weekly rewards (with gems) for the top 100. The first player will win 100 gems (worth 10$).
But seriously, the fact that you can buy some weapon with gems means that it will be pay to win. It can't be really balanced as far as I can see...

Oh and the game gets grindy towards mission 5.
05-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
There's a leaderboard and weekly rewards (with gems) for the top 100. The first player will win 100 gems (worth 10$).
But seriously, the fact that you can buy some weapon with gems means that it will be pay to win. It can't be really balanced as far as I can see...

Oh and the game gets grindy towards mission 5.
No shocker there, it's gamevil lol. Oh well. Worth a try later I guess.
05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
OH MY goodness!

THIS is EXACTLY the SAME fluffy rabbit rubbish that GLU released before. A stupid grindfest!

This is a nearly 1:1 clone of this Glu Eternity Warriors 2 or whatever it was called.
Skills, combat, game mechanics, destructables, level design, forging and other stuff IS the absolutely SAME. The ridiculous paywalls are the same. The GREEDY IAPs are the same.

I can't believe it. Someone managed to turn gold into fluffy rabbits... and then someone managed to turn those fluffy rabbits into even more fluffy rabbits. Somebody hand me a wall where I can bash my head against.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/eternity-warriors-2/id525458069?mt=8

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-01-2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: ;)