Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-01-2013, 03:21 PM

Default Mad Dragon [Universal] - Fire breathing of mass destruction for dragon lovers!

We're Cycleplay and this is our first game Mad Dragon!
Please enjoy our game and feel free to leave your comments

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Our website: http://www.cycleplay.co.uk/

facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/maddragongame

twitter:
https://twitter.com/MadDragonGame

Last edited by cycleplay; 07-25-2013 at 04:01 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 03:22 PM

Default Mad Dragon [Universal] - by cycleplay

We're Cycleplay and this is our first game Mad Dragon!
Please enjoy our game and feel free to leave your comments

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Our website:
http://www.cycleplay.co.uk/

facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/maddragongame

twitter:
https://twitter.com/MadDragonGame
Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Yes.

This is great.
Haven't played too far but I can tell this one's a keeper.

Edit-

Wow, what a debut.
It's an endless runner type game, but it's so much more full of character and unique and fun than the typical runners we see all the time. Tap to make the dragon jump, and hold to fly, much like jet pack joyride. But there is a flight meter that depletes as you fly, and refills as you run. There are crates and castles to smash into, coins to collect, bombs to avoid, balloons to pop, goblins to eat - and as you eat them you fill up your anger meter, and when thats full you breathe fire.

The goal is of course to run as far as you can, and your run ends when you hit a bomb... But if you run into another bomb during the 'death' animation it propels you further, so you can get lucky and gain some extra meters. I actually had a really cool chain of 4 or 5 bombs that gave me quite a bit of extra distance. You can use a potion at the end to continue, and these are purchasable with coins collected in game!

THE ONLY IAP IS COIN DOUBLER AND COINS.
No premium currency that I have found yet!

There are also upgrades you buy with coins, and customizable appearance, and a cave to decorate.. All for coins. Prices seem fair too, but I can't say much about upgrades past the first because I've not bought any yet.

I haven't bought a coin doubler for more than .99 in a while but I might be tempted here.

Definite winner, if this doesnt get big something is wrong with the world.

Edit 2 - and universal? If you haven't posted this yet in the main games forum you should!

Last edited by iamseamonster; 05-01-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 05:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm just going to repost what I said in the iPad forum thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamseamonster View Post
Yes.

This is great.
Haven't played too far but I can tell this one's a keeper.

Edit-

Wow, what a debut.
It's an endless runner type game, but it's so much more full of character and unique and fun than the typical runners we see all the time. Tap to make the dragon jump, and hold to fly, much like jet pack joyride. But there is a flight meter that depletes as you fly, and refills as you run. There are crates and castles to smash into, coins to collect, bombs to avoid, balloons to pop, goblins to eat - and as you eat them you fill up your anger meter, and when thats full you breathe fire.

The goal is of course to run as far as you can, and your run ends when you hit a bomb... But if you run into another bomb during the 'death' animation it propels you further, so you can get lucky and gain some extra meters. I actually had a really cool chain of 4 or 5 bombs that gave me quite a bit of extra distance. You can use a potion at the end to continue, and these are purchasable with coins collected in game!

THE ONLY IAP IS COIN DOUBLER AND COINS.
No premium currency that I have found yet!

There are also upgrades you buy with coins, and customizable appearance, and a cave to decorate.. All for coins. Prices seem fair too, but I can't say much about upgrades past the first because I've not bought any yet.

I haven't bought a coin doubler for more than .99 in a while but I might be tempted here.

Definite winner, if this doesnt get big something is wrong with the world.

Edit 2 - and universal? If you haven't posted this yet in the main games forum you should!
Check this out!

And forgot to mention, GC leader board and lots of achievements for those of you into that stuff.

If you are thrown off by the art style don't be - looks way better in motion, everything is very crisp and well animated. Think Little Chomp in terms of graphic quality.

Seriously this game is too cool and I can't recommend it enough for fans of the genre

Last edited by iamseamonster; 05-01-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This game has potential, but like any IAP driven game these days, the items for purchase are priced WAY TOO HIGH. Talk bout grinding to get anything...oh man.

It's fun, but I can see people quickly giving up on this as the amount of time it takes to earn coins to upgrade is ridiculous. And when you do upgrade, it is such a small margin; for example, spending 1500 coins to upgrade your magnet times by only 2 seconds, for a total of 6 secs stinks. All of the power-ups are activated and over before you even know it, or get to use them to their value. Very IAP driven or grind driven.

Also, you only earn coins by picking them up; it would be a huge improvement to give you more coins by the amount of time you fly and goblins (enemies) you destroy, as well as the amount of structures you destroy.

In its current state, it is a complete grind fest. That's too bad because its pretty good and fun gameplay but people will frustrate or bore quickly by the 'way to hard to reach' upgrade and power ups lengths of time to achieve.

Also, the coin doubler is over priced at 5$, and with even having that, the time it takes to get the rewards of getting coins is waaaaaay to high.

Hopefully the devs will increase the value of coins, the availability of them, and decrease the prices of items in the store. If they do that, this may do well in the charts..
Old 05-02-2013, 03:16 AM

Thank you so much for the feedbacks! We are currently working on update 1.0.1. Will add some new items and optimize the gameplay.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:18 AM

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are currently working on update 1.0.1. Will add some new items and optimize the gameplay.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabdog View Post
This game has potential, but like any IAP driven game these days, the items for purchase are priced WAY TOO HIGH. Talk bout grinding to get anything...oh man.

It's fun, but I can see people quickly giving up on this as the amount of time it takes to earn coins to upgrade is ridiculous. And when you do upgrade, it is such a small margin; for example, spending 1500 coins to upgrade your magnet times by only 2 seconds, for a total of 6 secs stinks. All of the power-ups are activated and over before you even know it, or get to use them to their value. Very IAP driven or grind driven.

Also, you only earn coins by picking them up; it would be a huge improvement to give you more coins by the amount of time you fly and goblins (enemies) you destroy, as well as the amount of structures you destroy.

In its current state, it is a complete grind fest. That's too bad because its pretty good and fun gameplay but people will frustrate or bore quickly by the 'way to hard to reach' upgrade and power ups lengths of time to achieve.

Also, the coin doubler is over priced at 5$, and with even having that, the time it takes to get the rewards of getting coins is waaaaaay to high.

Hopefully the devs will increase the value of coins, the availability of them, and decrease the prices of items in the store. If they do that, this may do well in the charts..
I do agree that the powerups should last longer, that's one thing I don't like much. And i'll also concede that the change between each upgrade level is not very substantial... But as far as grinding, I really don't think it's that bad. Without the doubler, I am making 150 coins or so on a quick, not very good run. My best run netted me just under 400, no doubler..

So yeah, coins seem plentiful enough and prices still seem fair to me, moreso than the fan favorites like Temple Run and Jetpack Joyride (both of which were paid games at release).. Just checking JJ, vehicle upgrades start at 5k coins... In Mad Dragon tier 1 dragon upgrades are 500 coins, tier 2 is 1,500 and at tier 3 it finally reaches the 5k coins mark. Granted the upgrades may not make as huge an impact as those in JJ, but to offer another point, JJ's CHEAPEST superficial upgrade is 500 coins, and run up to 100k coins for the most expensive jet pack (also superficial as far as I'm aware). On the other hand, Mad Dragon's superficial items range from 300 - 20k for the most expensive. And for consumable items, lets use revives as an example... 10k for one in JJ vs 1k for one or 2.8k for 3 revives in MD.
After maybe a couple hours tops total playtime so far I've got tier 1 upgrades across the board, tier 2 on at least 3 of the upgrades, bought a couple potion packs, and a couple cheap superficial items, and I STILL have about 3k coins in the bank. And still not a dime spent on the game. And I might also mention (well yeah I am mentioning it) that coin doublers for both MD and JJ are the same price... Though MD's coins do cost a bit more real cash, but not by much.

Overall I feel this game is one of the most generous FTP games that I've come across. Sorry you felt otherwise, but I hope my breakdown/comparison convinces some people to try this game out and not just judge it by the fact it uses IAPs. If you are someone who doesn't care for endless runner type games or are completely turned off by anything that uses IAP, then yeah this may not be the game for you, but if you are a fan of the genre and are looking for a fun and free game with a balanced marketplace and enough content to keep you around for a while I think this is a perfect pick up for you.

To devs - If I could make some suggestions as far as the game's future updates, here's what I'd like to see -

-'Missions': like most other endless games these days, but they add a bit of fun to each run. Eat x amount of goblins, destroy however many structures, pop so many balloons... And drop x number of bombs onto goblins, which leads me to...

-make the bombs do damage to the surroundings, not just my dragon! Goblins and buildings should be destroyed by the blast! And bombs fallen out of towers should explode like dropped balloon bombs do.

-make the eaten goblins and destroyed bricks count for something! You display their number at the end of a run but it doesn't seem to make any difference anywhere... Maybe try something like Zombie Tsunami's brain lottery cards, where when we accumulate enough eaten goblins or destroyed bricks we get a random bonus...

-as stated earlier, powerups should last longer, and upgrades should be more substantial between tiers.

- more enemy types and more backdrops (as in changing scenery.. It's be cool to actually start the run inside the cave, then get to the outside, then maybe a snowy area, then a volcano landscape, etc...)

Last edited by iamseamonster; 05-02-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamseamonster View Post
I do agree that the powerups should last longer, that's one thing I don't like much. And i'll also concede that the change between each upgrade level is not very substantial... But as far as grinding, I really don't think it's that bad. Without the doubler, I am making 150 coins or so on a quick, not very good run. My best run netted me just under 400, no doubler..

So yeah, coins seem plentiful enough and prices still seem fair to me, moreso than the fan favorites like Temple Run and Jetpack Joyride (both of which were paid games at release).. Just checking JJ, vehicle upgrades start at 5k coins... In Mad Dragon tier 1 dragon upgrades are 500 coins, tier 2 is 1,500 and at tier 3 it finally reaches the 5k coins mark. Granted the upgrades may not make as huge an impact as those in JJ, but to offer another point, JJ's CHEAPEST superficial upgrade is 500 coins, and run up to 100k coins for the most expensive jet pack (also superficial as far as I'm aware). On the other hand, Mad Dragon's superficial items range from 300 - 20k for the most expensive. And for consumable items, lets use revives as an example... 10k for one in JJ vs 1k for one or 2.8k for 3 revives in MD.
After maybe a couple hours tops total playtime so far I've got tier 1 upgrades across the board, tier 2 on at least 3 of the upgrades, bought a couple potion packs, and a couple cheap superficial items, and I STILL have about 3k coins in the bank. And still not a dime spent on the game. And I might also mention (well yeah I am mentioning it) that coin doublers for both MD and JJ are the same price... Though MD's coins do cost a bit more real cash, but not by much.

Overall I feel this game is one of the most generous FTP games that I've come across. Sorry you felt otherwise, but I hope my breakdown/comparison convinces some people to try this game out and not just judge it by the fact it uses IAPs. If you are someone who doesn't care for endless runner type games or are completely turned off by anything that uses IAP, then yeah this may not be the game for you, but if you are a fan of the genre and are looking for a fun and free game with a balanced marketplace and enough content to keep you around for a while I think this is a perfect pick up for you.

To devs - If I could make some suggestions as far as the game's future updates, here's what I'd like to see -

-'Missions': like most other endless games these days, but they add a bit of fun to each run. Eat x amount of goblins, destroy however many structures, pop so many balloons... And drop x number of bombs onto goblins, which leads me to...

-make the bombs do damage to the surroundings, not just my dragon! Goblins and buildings should be destroyed by the blast! And bombs fallen out of towers should explode like dropped balloon bombs do.

-make the eaten goblins and destroyed bricks count for something! You display their number at the end of a run but it doesn't seem to make any difference anywhere... Maybe try something like Zombie Tsunami's brain lottery cards, where when we accumulate enough eaten goblins or destroyed bricks we get a random bonus...

-as stated earlier, powerups should last longer, and upgrades should be more substantial between tiers.

- more enemy types and more backdrops (as in changing scenery.. It's be cool to actually start the run inside the cave, then get to the outside, then maybe a snowy area, then a volcano landscape, etc...)
Great points man!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM

Thanks again for your constructive feedback! It's very helpful. We will take your comments on board and do our best to improve the game. Cheers!