$.99 will always be #1

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by julzsantana15, Jul 14, 2009.

1. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    #1 julzsantana15, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    $.99 apps seem to be domnating the #1 spot in the app store, so does it look like their will ever be another game that is $4.99 or higher to make it #1 in the top paid app list?

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Sims 3

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

$9.99 apps(app?) have made it to the top before...

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  5. stevenbrz

stevenbrz Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    The Sims 3 made it to the top but the Moron Test once again took over. I really wish the Moron Test would just go away.

6. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    You pass the test by buying the app.

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

there have been plenty of 4.99, and 9.99, and even the ocassional 14.99 pop up now and them, and eventually stay there
    but 99 cents will always win out, its simple economics

after splurging entirely too much money on crap when the app store initially started a year ago, i got my spending in line, and now only purchase 99 cent apps, those keep me occupied for months because i can buy so many of them, and i am rarely dissappointed like the dissapointment i use to get when i would buy a $10 game, and it was over hyped, or dropped in price the next day

as as the market will do, as games age, their prices drop, and or have sales, and i grab those, all it takes is patience

8. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    $.99 will always dominate, unless Apple change their marketing tactics, because as of now the iPhone is advertised as a "Quickplay" gaming/ entertainment and utility device- tons of apps.

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    It's true that a ton of premium games have gone down dramatically in price recently, many of them $0.99

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Which is a partial shame since the iPhone and iPod Touch could dominate the DS and probably rival the PSP if it were taken more seriously for gaming.

11. I started with Hero of Sparta... and im an aussie so its like...just over a dollar for the full game. Its worth more than what i paid seeing as it was a pretty big price drop... BUT... bottom line.. it was a no brainer at that price.
    SO was The Terminator, Prey Invasion, Must Eat Birds, Toki Tori, Iyamamoto, Galactic Gunner, Little Runner and Crush Bunny!

@ CaseyLay:
    I totally agree man, i have fully shelved my DS since getting an ipod touch a month ago. This stuff is fantastic, more accessible and cheaper! I like the fact that games which COULD be priced higher arnt, and that it dosnt influence wether its a good game or not.

12. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    You know, we really got our money's worth from the Moron Test: showin it to friends and all. For some UNKNOWN REASON, my gf still tries to beat her time, like she's trying to prove somethin;)
    Meanwhile, I refuse to play it until they fricken finally come out with 2.0. I can hardly believe its constant popularity with it being so non-updated, and 1.1 doesn't count: 2 new tiny things?? Nah.

@Casey As far as the DS also, a fav game was Professor Layton and the Curious Village: great story; graphics; music; puzzles. I'm surprised that hasn't been translated to the iPhone, or copied. Is there any game like that out now/around the corner