★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2 Block - Action Puzzle Game

07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Send a message via MSN to Jyaw3
2 Block - Action Puzzle Game

2 Block is "In Review"

This is a game based around the block breaking mechanics of grouping 4 or more of the same colour together. I would liken it to Puzzle Fighter/Dr Mario/(Old Macintosh Game 'Skittles')

www.SubtractionStudios.com

Hopefully you guys go easy on me, site isn't all that great, it's just something put together for whatever reason =)

Figured there's not too many Action/Real Time games like that out there, Tetris is I know and Columns too (apparently pretty bad?) but don't know of that many out there

Edit:Side Note - It's scary posting this!!
07-13-2009, 08:17 PM

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

07-13-2009, 08:20 PM
ya I guess I should have done that myself, sorry bout that my bad. And thanks for doing it :P

I was trying to go for like a simple old school kinda feel
07-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Okay, so decided to upload a gameplay video to show it off a bit more =P

Hope I'm gonna do this right. (sadly I have no idea how to embed it as a video, anyone?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqIGW7HtRfs

No, sadly the Chrono Trigger tune isn't included. I don't think I even made it into my own highscores on this run... can't play under pressure =P

Josh Yaw - www.subtractionstudios.com
iPhone/iPod Touch Games
2 Block - Released! July 23
Fridger - Released Oct 6!
07-16-2009, 01:24 AM
here is the video embedded...i thought it looked cool graphically, although I can see some people saying the controls will be too cramped together...are the leaderboards shown in the video just local...if so, any plans to do global?

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-16-2009, 01:34 AM
yup infact I know the controls are gonna be an issue for some :P I've been trying out different ideas already might use a combination of buttons and slider or buttons and tilt for alternate control.

And those are local, but from what I've been reading (simply calling a url of a page to upload stats) it should be pretty easy. All the stats on the gameover screen are actually saved as well, just didn't have room to display them, so assuming I don't mess up with the global leader board scores, it should be able to carry all that over.

And thanks for embedding it, I tried originally but it just showed up as code, was I supposed to wrap it in html tags? thought I tried that but maybe I screwed up (by maybe I mean I must have)

iPhone/iPod Touch Games
07-16-2009, 01:55 AM
to embed
[ youtube ]OqIGW7HtRfs[ /youtube ]

just take out the spaces, the middle part is the stuff after the "=" in the url of the video

one thing I was going to suggest is how about having invisble/virtual buttons?...then you could just have the left half of the play area rotate a piece to the left, the right half rotate to the right, and then you would have more space for the actual "move left", "move right", and "drop" buttons
07-16-2009, 10:11 AM
So essentially you mean, remove the rotate buttons make the other buttons larger and make it so tapping on the left/right half of the screen the rotate CCW and CW?

Sure I'll try that out, you can test it for me if you want just send me a message with your UDID and stuff

iPhone/iPod Touch Games