Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-02-2013, 12:35 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Send a message via AIM to phillryu
Default Heads Up! (A party game from Ellen) [Now Universal!]

Hey everyone, I'm one of the guys from Impending, and today we're super excited to share our latest app with the world! It's a new kind of party game we designed for and with The Ellen Degeneres Show, and for those of you who are looking for the kind of social game you actually play with friends, instead of home alone "with friends", I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Here's Ellen playing a round and explaining the game!

One of the coolest features of the game is it captures the silliness while you're playing with your friends:

I can't wait to see some of your videos in this thread

Enjoy and let us know what you think of it!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 PM
iPad 2

There's no ipad version? Also how many questions are there I can see this getting old if the questions keep repeating.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markku View Post
There's no ipad version? Also how many questions are there I can see this getting old if the questions keep repeating.
It's not universal. It runs great pixel doubled in iPad mini, but to be honest we didn't feel full sized iPads and the whole 'raise it to your forehead' interaction went together…💩still thinking on that one.

There are tons of cards. I think over a couple thousand in the base decks, and several thousand more in the extra decks available to purchase if you're interested Plus best part, being an app we will be adding more cards in the future.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
iPad 2

so it will work on the ipad? even with the tilting etc? also how much do you think the new cards/questions/catagories will cost?

this seems like a lot of fun it reminds me of the game headbandz a old board game and coud see a lot of fun if it works right and like you said thousands of questions, could you give me a idea how many are in a catorgory
Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
so it will work on the ipad? even with the tilting etc? also how much do you think the new cards/questions/catagories will cost?
It will, though I don't recommend playing it on normal sized iPads, it's awkward raising them to your forehead. (Minis are a different story.) The extra bonus categories cost 99˘ each.

Quote:
this seems like a lot of fun it reminds me of the game headbandz a old board game and coud see a lot of fun if it works right and like you said thousands of questions, could you give me a idea how many are in a catorgory
Yep the categories vary in the amount of cards to guess, but they each generally contain 200-500+ cards.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It may not be recommended to use a full size ipad, but we did it. It was a lot of fun. We went ahead and bought four extra packs as well, so we should be set for awhile.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
It may not be recommended to use a full size ipad, but we did it. It was a lot of fun. We went ahead and bought four extra packs as well, so we should be set for awhile.
Hah, that's awesome to hear Collin. Hope you enjoy the extra decks! (Which ones out of curiosity?)
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillryu View Post
Hah, that's awesome to hear Collin. Hope you enjoy the extra decks! (Which ones out of curiosity?)
Hey Mr DJ, Totally 80s, I'm With the Bamd, Favorite Fictional Characters, As Seen on TV, Movie Buff, and Sports Legends

We played again with a bigger group and there was much fun had by all, and at least one person there will be buying it.

We would love to see a Video Game deck as well. My wife would like Historical Figures.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 PM
iPad 2

I'm buying this as well for Mother's Day so when I go to visit my mom I can see this being some fun for the whole family.

It's nice to know it works great on a full ipad.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

One thing which would improve the game for me would be an option for you to make your own cards. That would make it a 10/10 purchase.