★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Batman Arkham City Lockdown (universal) [$5,99 -> $0,99]

05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Batman Arkham City Lockdown (universal) [$5,99 -> $0,99]

05-06-2013, 07:09 PM
It's alright. Huge file though. Kinda a infinity blade like game. Kinda gets a little dull after awhile, but probably worth a buck.

05-06-2013, 07:52 PM
While there are better choices for a buck from Warner Bros. (Bastion, Scribblenauts Remix) right now, this is certainly worth a dollar if you don't have console-like expectations of the gameplay and overall depth.
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Reviews on iTunes mention controls not being responsive enough.
05-07-2013, 12:08 AM
My three word review: "�������� this game."

Just bought this yesterday at full price. Now I see it down to $0.99 with no rhyme nor reason.

Well...all I can say is that just made me even less well disposed towards this piece of. Unresponsive, unintuitive controls coupled with unimaginative design and positively glacial character progression (in service to IAP, of course).

It all just reminds me why mobile is , by and large, such a cesspool. I checked out Injustice on a whim, and that's certainly not helping what had been - up until recently - a slowly improving attitude towards mobile gaming.

Last edited by psj3809; 05-16-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Do not swear
05-07-2013, 02:51 AM
I'm waiting for "The Dark Knight Rises" to get a price drop...again
05-07-2013, 03:46 AM
Don't get it if you only have an iPod Touch 4th Gen...crashes at the Poison Ivy boss fight
05-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshift Nurse View Post
My three word review: "💩💩💩💩 this game."

Just bought this yesterday at full price. Now I see it down to $0.99 with no rhyme nor reason.

Well...all I can say is that just made me even less well disposed towards this piece of shit. Unresponsive, unintuitive controls coupled with unimaginative design and positively glacial character progression (in service to IAP, of course).

It all just reminds me why mobile is , by and large, such a cesspool. I checked out Injustice on a whim, and that's certainly not helping what had been - up until recently - a slowly improving attitude towards mobile gaming.
Paid full price and burnt by a sale (this game went on sale before at a buck too, so this isnt unexpected), and curses the game to be total trash. Aaaaand throws curses at it too like this wasnt a public forum. LOL & LOL.

"It all just reminds me why mobile GAMERS are, by and large, such a cesspool"

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-07-2013, 06:27 AM
I played this. Gotta admit the control could use some tweaks. Gameplay is very similar to Infinity Blade. Also no freeroam.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: Corridor Z, Goblin Sword, Lost Toys, Duet Game, Layton Brother, Threes!, Solomon's Keep, Crabitron, Punch Quest, IB3, Sword & Sworcery (Recommend them all!)
05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squashy View Post
I played this. Gotta admit the control could use some tweaks. Gameplay is very similar to Infinity Blade. Also no freeroam.
I played it too, and a lot. I bought it on day 1 beause I loved how it looked and seemed similar to infinity Blade II. I liked it a lot (and controls were fine when you learn how they go), but I found several problems:

- It weighs too much for what it offers. I can't have 1.7GB permanently occupied by it.
- There's a level cap, which means that you simply won't be able to grind and upgrade to the maximum all the items an gadgets without spending IAP's.
- After playing for a while, you notice the enemy patterns are the same. Aside from the boss fights, which are fairly different for each of them, the standard thug fight has only got 2-3 movements/variations independently from the level you are fighting. This makes it very repetitive.
- Even though controls are fine, they are very tight and don't leave margin for error. You have to do the move at the exact moment, not at +/-0.1sec. That's why most people find them terrible.

In the end, I still have Infinity Blade II installed in my phone, but I deleted Batman several months ago.