★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Real Tennis 2009 - Lite

07-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Real Tennis 2009 - Lite

I just tried the lite and I'm surprised how great the game is after hearing some negative feedbacks about it (about the controls, about this and that).

A few questions for those who have the full version:

1. In career mode, can you develop your stats as you win more? eg. better serve, better speed, etc - or do we customise it in the beginning and that's it?

2. Can we play the tour again and again in career mode? Because in Ferrari GT, once I finish the career mode, it's all finished. I can't replay it unless I delete my game data.

3. How are the opponents' AI? Are they varied enough? The one in the lite version always plays from the baseline and I can predict his game, does different opponent play differently?

4. Can you play for 2-set only? I sometimes just want a quick tennis session while waiting for bus, not a full game.

5. Can you aim the serve by virtual d-pad? I hate the gimmicky tilt feature in some gameloft games like Real Football, it's as if they were forced to use it by Apple. There's absolutely no need for it! I wish I could turn it off.

6. Does it save your game if interrupted by phone call? it doesn't have to be at the exact moment it's interrupted, the nearest points should be enough.

I'll play TS Tennis again to compare the two. From memory, TS Tennis has a good gameplay mechanics too, and I actually quite like the tilt implementation. The animations are fluid (Real Tennis sometimes has a disconnected animations when they player hits the ball). Just to check if I have to delete TS Tennis from my iPhone to make room for another game.

Afteral, TS Tennis is officially a vaporware now..

link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322303250&mt=8

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

Last edited by don_k; 07-14-2009 at 07:44 AM.
07-14-2009, 06:53 AM
I'll have to give this a go, after all TS tennis has become vapourware now that it's obvious there will be no career mode... Thanks donkei!

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...

07-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Where's the link? D=

I'm too lazy to go look for it

back
07-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Jeep View Post
I'll have to give this a go, after all TS tennis has become vapourware now that it's obvious there will be no career mode... Thanks donkei!
It's a shame as I quite enjoyed the controls for TS, but the gameplay wasn't deep enough (career!!!)
07-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322303250&mt=8

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
07-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Where's the link? D=

I'm too lazy to go look for it
Tip of the day: always have a second tab open for appshopper when reading TA!

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I picked the lite version up...and I must say...i am really enjoying it. I heard some negativity about the controls and whatnot but I have not had any problems except for the occasional times when my player decides to take an early swing without me doing anything...But other than that this is a solid game as far as I can tell that is really fun.
07-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Not currently available in US store

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
07-15-2009, 03:58 PM
I'll pick this up when it is in the US App Store....
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
It is in the US store...thats where I got it...