★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Newtonica2

12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Newtonica2

I was wondering why no one has mentioned this game. This game is designed by the creator of ChibiRobo and more people should support him. The game is only 0.99 and the game is extremely fun and polished.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298791546&mt=8
12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Really? I loved the 1rst, and wanted to buy this one......can you give a more detailed review?

12-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I saw this game this week and it seems very polished.

However, I could not figure out what was the gameplay.

For such a new game a video always help but the developer did not post any video link in the game description. He should if he intends to sell his game.

Some games, like the new Tatomi, even have a flash demo.

With tons of games out there the developer has to find a way to better expose his work.

Right now I think it's not the right move to purchase 10 titles blindly instead to save and purchase a $9.99 well produced game, again, like Tatomi.
12-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Basically you have to get the chick into the warp buy exploding spheres (the same sphere from the first game) depending on your timing and angles of the explosion you chick will go in a different direction everytime. To make matters more complicated there are various objects that either can assist you or completely screw you over.

There are 36 levels in all, but replay value is added with the "donuts" the can be collected in certain levels, however, these are very difficult to obtain.

What really shines for me in this game, is the phenomenal music playing throughout. It is definitely one of those "chill-out: puzzle games.

-Hope that was a decent description
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
By the way, my iPhone shows some smilies in one of the game reviews. Is that 2.2 feature?
12-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
By the way, my iPhone shows some smilies in one of the game reviews. Is that 2.2 feature?
Mine too that's so nuts! It's worth checking out the game to see that review with the smileys in it... I wonder how you can use them?

PS: I caved in and bought it.. i'll be back ha

EDIT: I think i'd give this 4/5 stars... It's fun and you can go at your own pace... I listened on headphones and definitely the fidelity of the audio is half the fun... the beats are pretty good with deep bass, and everything you touch seems to create the music of the game.

My only complaint is that when you fail to complete a level (which may be frequent as they get harder) the music stops and you are sent back to the mission selection screen.. It should just be seamless and if you fail, you just start right back up...

Definitely recommend this game to anyone looking for a good "chill out" app or for a fun puzzle game with great music.

Plus+ ID: Wegmans

Last edited by Wegmans; 12-06-2008 at 09:37 PM.
01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
newtonica2

What exactly do you do in it? Is it worth picking up, and does it have a good replayability factor?

Questions, questions, questions...

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
01-18-2009, 11:35 PM
*There is already a thread with this topic (I should know I started it) Make sure you use the search function*

You'll learn about it in the other thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ght=newtonica2

Last edited by Maythius; 01-18-2009 at 11:37 PM.
01-19-2009, 02:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maythius View Post
I was wondering why no one has mentioned this game. This game is designed by the creator of ChibiRobo and more people should support him. The game is only 0.99 and the game is extremely fun and polished.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298791546&mt=8
We reviewed newtonica2 recently. I liked it a lot. The developer also has a sequel, newtonica Resort... another one called newtonica HOT is coming out in February.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
01-19-2009, 03:24 AM
I really love Newtonice 2 and Resort.
Very polished, very unique, fantastic music, addicting gameplay.
They have done everything right...and for this price, it's a steal.

Truelly one of my favoutites.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..