★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Puzzle games suggestions

07-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Puzzle games suggestions

I'm a big fan of puzzle games. My favorite Gemmed but I beat it so I'm kind of done with it. I already have Drop7, Frenzic, Stoneloops, Peggle, Smiles, Big Top 10, Robot Master.

As you can see I don't go for the traditional match-3, I like twists, although you could say Smiles is borderline traditional. Montezuma is too traditional for me if that makes sense.

There is a big chance that there is a thread about this already, but the searching yields too many results, and probably the post is so old that a few new games have come out since then.
07-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloepar1 View Post
I'm a big fan of puzzle games. My favorite Gemmed but I beat it so I'm kind of done with it. I already have Drop7, Frenzic, Stoneloops, Peggle, Smiles, Big Top 10, Robot Master.

As you can see I don't go for the traditional match-3, I like twists, although you could say Smiles is borderline traditional. Montezuma is too traditional for me if that makes sense.

There is a big chance that there is a thread about this already, but the searching yields too many results, and probably the post is so old that a few new games have come out since then.
If you like good numeral based puzzlers I heartily recommend DropSum, Down to Zero, and Numba (Numba is a great game BUT the fact you can't save does bring it down a few notches).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

07-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
If you like good numeral based puzzlers I heartily recommend DropSum, Down to Zero, and Numba (Numba is a great game BUT the fact you can't save does bring it down a few notches).
I should have mentioned that. Auto-save is a must. Especially with numeral based puzzlers. Thanks
07-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloepar1 View Post
I should have mentioned that. Auto-save is a must. Especially with numeral based puzzlers. Thanks
Something also cool about DropSum is that, just like Drop7, there is no time pressure. Take as long as you want to make a move.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-14-2009, 10:03 AM
PuzzleQuest and Samurai Puzzle Battles. Two great and very deep games.
07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
+1 for DropSum and I'll throw in Adubble
07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
PuzzleQuest and Samurai Puzzle Battles. Two great and very deep games.
I finished PQ on the DS so the iPhone version never quite hooked me in. Samurai puzzle looks intriguing but from the reviews they say it's a PQ clone, I don't know how much is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
+1 for DropSum and I'll throw in Adubble
I've been keeping track of Adubble for a while and waiting for an update but it never happens

At this point it's probably down to DropSum and Down to Zero. Probably buy both and see which one sticks with me. And I know I'm missing Azkend which is a little different, but with no auto-save and kind of "expensive" at $4.99 right now.

Thanks for your suggestions, keep them coming
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
Triazzle comes out in a couple of days and that does look like a great puzzle game.

Puzzlings looks promising and has some good puzzle elements.

Trixel is a fun puzzle game and has some cool gameplay

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
DropSum is very nice indeed.

A match-3 with a different twist: Pharaoh.

Real Arcade will probably re-release Bounce Out soon (brought out due a bug I think) which is a nice match-3 game too.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
for non traditional puzzle games you have got to check out Pathways! hands down my favorite puzzler on the iphone. this game has been accused many times as being impossible to beat. check it out http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293758335&mt=8