★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Same wifi multiplayer while on separate wifi.

07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 18
Same wifi multiplayer while on separate wifi.

Is it possible to play games that require same wifi for multiplayer (Raging thunder, iShoot, wifi warfare, durak etc.) while the two players are on separate wifi (im at my home wifi and my friend is at his home wifi for example).
And suggest some good 2-player wifi multiplayer games.
I searched but didnt find any topics like this.
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: In bed with TheBeastlyNinja
Posts: 1,334
Umm what??

07-14-2009, 11:57 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 188
I think he is asking if local Wi-Fi multiplayer games can be played over the internet. The answer is no, you have to be on the same Wi-FI network to play these games.

As for Durak we will have online multiplayer ready "soon" so you will be able to play with your friends no matter where they are located.

Hope that answers your question.

DURAK, the best card game, is available on the iPhone, iPad and now Mac!
07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
#4
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToken View Post
I think he is asking if local Wi-Fi multiplayer games can be played over the internet. The answer is no, you have to be on the same Wi-FI network to play these games.

As for Durak we will have online multiplayer ready "soon" so you will be able to play with your friends no matter where they are located.

Hope that answers your question.
Ok Thanks.
07-25-2009, 09:33 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 23
Actually the answer is yes, at least for some games. I can only speak for WiFi Warfare myself. It lets you play over the net on separate wifi networks....
07-26-2009, 04:40 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by starks View Post
Actually the answer is yes, at least for some games. I can only speak for WiFi Warfare myself. It lets you play over the net on separate wifi networks....

The answer is no actually. He asked about local wifi games not over the Internet.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
07-26-2009, 06:42 AM
#7
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Punturin
Posts: 1,219
psp-like wifi multiplayer?

i dont understand wat he's talking abt
but i hve a question
is it possible dat 2 iphones cn connect 2 each other like psp?
in a case dat dey cn connect w/o connecting da sme network?
hope u undrstand me
07-26-2009, 09:33 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: In bed with TheBeastlyNinja
Posts: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by kugi_igi View Post
i dont understand wat he's talking abt
but i hve a question
is it possible dat 2 iphones cn connect 2 each other like psp?
in a case dat dey cn connect w/o connecting da sme network?
hope u undrstand me
I do but you forgot some vowels and words like dat and da are just confusing. They can connect through bluetooth or wifi.
07-27-2009, 06:49 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Punturin
Posts: 1,219
im sorry because thats how we shorten words here n our country,hahahah
really?
for exmple,i hve 2 iphones but i dnt hve wifi at home,i cn still play connct the two nd ply 4 exmple real racng?
09-10-2009, 02:13 AM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Punturin
Posts: 1,219
can i connect two iDevices using a PSP,you know,PSP can make a network so that means it can make two iDevices connect with each other,hahahaha