★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Plasma Sky [Universal] $1.99 -> Free

05-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Plasma Sky [Universal] $1.99 -> Free

its currently free in my country... Probably, will be free soon in other country too.

Game Center ID: copaeci
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Yes, really wanted to get this game. Good thing I held out

05-10-2013, 01:04 PM
I've been wanting to try this as well. Looks like now is a great time.

Devices: iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Matte Black), iPad Pro 12.9" 128GB WiFi/Cellular (SG), Late 2014 iMac Retina 5K 32GB RAM
Currently Playing: Imbroglio
GC: Kubaton
05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
hmm, I still see it as 1.99$ In the US store. where are you?
05-10-2013, 01:10 PM
sorry, double post. mods, please delete.
05-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Want to go off topic for a bit: this is one of the reasons buying games on App Store can be frustrating. You buy a game and then next day, or week, or two, and it goes free. There's no schedule or system. At least on downloadable stores like PSN or XBLA, you know the game you just bought won't go free and that the best sales happen around holidays and summer.

But on IOS, it can seem so random. I was set to buy this game yesterday, only held off because I learned of an upcoming game I'd rather save my $$ for. And today Plasma Sky goes free
---
Okay, back on topic - any idea of when the game will be free in US?
05-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Want to go off topic for a bit: this is one of the reasons buying games on App Store can be frustrating. You buy a game and then next day, or week, or two, and it goes free. There's no schedule or system. At least on downloadable stores like PSN or XBLA, you know the game you just bought won't go free and that the best sales happen around holidays and summer.

But on IOS, it can seem so random. I was set to buy this game yesterday, only held off because I learned of an upcoming game I'd rather save my $$ for. And today Plasma Sky goes free
---
Most likely around 11pm EST.

Devices: iPhone 7 Plus 256GB (Matte Black), iPad Pro 12.9" 128GB WiFi/Cellular (SG), Late 2014 iMac Retina 5K 32GB RAM
Currently Playing: Imbroglio
GC: Kubaton
05-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:

---

But don't forget that this behaviour also means supporting the development of future freemium apps.
This pricing/free desaster is the way the App Store works - you win some, you lose some.

You're simply making the mistake to look at it from the wrong side. Instead of "I have to pay for everything 'cause there are no "free"-promotions", try "I pay for some and some are luckily free". It helps a lot.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-10-2013 at 01:59 PM.
05-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
But don't forget that this behaviour also means supporting the development of future freemium apps.
This pricing/free desaster is the way the App Store works - you win some, you lose some.

You're simply making the mistake to look at it from the wrong side. Instead of "I have to pay for everything 'cause there are no "free"-promotions", try "I pay for some and some are luckily free". It helps a lot.
You're right. Doesn't change the fact that it's annoying to spend money on a game, only for it to go free soon after. Happened to me with Polara and a few others. Of course I'm equally happy when a game I've been wanting goes free.
---
Guess 11pm it is. Plasma Sky is still 1.99 in the US
05-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
You're right. Doesn't change the fact that it's annoying to spend money on a game, only for it to go free soon after. Happened to me with Polara and a few others. Of course I'm equally happy when a game I've been wanting goes free.
---
Guess 11pm it is. Plasma Sky is still 1.99 in the US
Polara is the worst example ever. It's one of the best runners on iOS and didn't get much attention so it went free, as far as I know without any IAP. I bought it on day 1 and played it many hours. I can understand it with some of the chillingo games for example because they sell them for a buck although they are designed to be freemium from the beginning but Polara? I'm glad that I payed for it.

Game Center: sink_or_swim