★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What Files To Submit??

07-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to angelsfan27vg Send a message via Yahoo to angelsfan27vg Send a message via Skype™ to angelsfan27vg
What Files To Submit??

I recently filled out all the forms for submitting an app to the app store but the last step is to upload the binaries. Which files should i upload? I really have no clue so can somebody please help?

Iron Gate Studios: www.irongatestudios.com
Check out our apps on the App Store!
Plus+/Gameloft Live/OpenFeint: angelsfan27vg
07-14-2009, 04:44 PM
As the guidelines say, zip the distribution binary (right click and select compress) then upload it that file.

Alexander Bussman,
developer of Brickie (v2.0+ scoreloop enabled)

07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to angelsfan27vg Send a message via Yahoo to angelsfan27vg Send a message via Skype™ to angelsfan27vg
which folder would that be?

07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsfan27vg View Post
which folder would that be?
In Xcode find your .app file (probably in a Products folder), ctrl-click and 'reveal in finder'.

Check out Sheepish, 100+ levels of puzzle fun! With sheep!
And more about us: www.pixelthismobile.com
plus+ id: Newtz
07-14-2009, 08:29 PM
ok thanks!

07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
when I try to add my Distribution Provisioning File it won't work. any ideas why?

07-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Quote:
when I try to add my Distribution Provisioning File it won't work. any ideas why?
You're going to have to be more descriptive SO much can go wrong with signing. In what way is it not working?

Check out Sheepish, 100+ levels of puzzle fun! With sheep!
And more about us: www.pixelthismobile.com
plus+ id: Newtz
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
i have made a distribution provisioning file with a distribution certificate and when i try to run it on a device it says "Can’t run on the iPod. The iPod doesn’t have the provisioning profile with which the application was signed." i have also changed the build settings but still to no avail.

07-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to rdklein
yes the distribution cannot be tested, for test you need to use the developer certificate, the distribution version is only for submission to App Store (they can test)

RadioactivityCounter on App Store developer of this App RadioactivityCounter 2012
Ports of Call on App Store developer of this game 1986-2009,
07-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Quote:
i have made a distribution provisioning file with a distribution certificate and when i try to run it on a device it says "Can’t run on the iPod. The iPod doesn’t have the provisioning profile with which the application was signed." i have also changed the build settings but still to no avail.
You can't run a distribution build on the device. You should be testing the release build on the device, and then, following the step by step instructions on the dev portal, create a distribution build, compress it, and submit it.