★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is the ultimate classic arcade style shooter!

Tons of aliens are waiting for you! And dont forget, Mother Earth is in danger, so be fast and blow up every enemy to pieces in this beautiful mixed 2D/3D environment.

A classic arcade game has been refined into an excellent, modern version with improved game play. With each passing second it gets more and more challenging as you advance through hordes of totally new enemies, great boss fights and incredibly huge hand crafted levels!

An insane amount of enemies with varying behaviors will pump up your adrenaline to the limit.

Features:

* classic shoot em up with tons of new game-play elements
* amazing retro style
* breathtaking 2D & 3D HD graphics
* lots of upgrades, special weapons, and bombs
* 2 difficulty modes
* 11 huge hand-crafted levels
* awesome chip tunes music
* over 30 different enemies, each with individual move patterns!
* 6 huge bosses
* mini-games

* This universal app runs on the iPhone 4, iPhone 4s as well as on iPad/iPad 2 and the new retina iPad

More Apps from Ganymede

Lock'N'Load - The awesome story driven duall stick shooter!
Last Temple 2 - A fresh, addictive puzzle game for your mobile device! 200 levels, gorgeouse 2D graphics... This is the full puzzle package.

Visit us at www.ganymede.eu

GameLab's comments:
Roswell Fighter Reloaded

05-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Does look good, had a look at the app info on itunes (dont know why its not showing here), they mentioned they worked on Lock n Load (really good dual stick shooter from Chillingo). If thats the case i'm sure this will be good

BUT i just need to know if it has relative touch, surely it has but been burnt before

Edit - What the hell its only 99c. Downloading now.

Weird menu seems a bit blurry, game looks alright. But ahhhhh, the controls. Its not relative touch, its (whaddya call it) when you press the screen the ship moves just above your finger. Its not terrible (at least my fingers not covering it) but was hoping for true relative touch which i thought was standard for shoot em ups

I'll continue playing it but 180 meg installed means i doubt it'll sit on my device for long.

Last edited by psj3809; 05-14-2013 at 07:22 AM.

05-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Roswell Fighter was originally on the AppStore a few years ago. Of course then it wasn't universal or anything. I'd be interested to see how this version has improved. I remember liking the original quite a bit, although it did drag on.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Offset direct touch? No RT? I'll pass. It's a shame because this looked interesting. There are just too many shooters these days to bother with any that don't have RT as an option.
05-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Offset direct touch? No RT? I'll pass. It's a shame because this looked interesting. There are just too many shooters these days to bother with any that don't have RT as an option.
Yep i find it incredible that even now people release shooters without relative touch. Hope they add to it at some point but for now i've deleted it, the later levels and that do look good but the large filesize (i dont have much space) and no relative touch puts this game on the backburner. I'll re-install it at some point but just not loving the controls. Got plenty of relative touch shooters to complete first before coming back to this
05-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Does look good, had a look at the app info on itunes (dont know why its not showing here), they mentioned they worked on Lock n Load (really good dual stick shooter from Chillingo). If thats the case i'm sure this will be good

BUT i just need to know if it has relative touch, surely it has but been burnt before

Edit - What the hell its only 99c. Downloading now.

Weird menu seems a bit blurry, game looks alright. But ahhhhh, the controls. Its not relative touch, its (whaddya call it) when you press the screen the ship moves just above your finger. Its not terrible (at least my fingers not covering it) but was hoping for true relative touch which i thought was standard for shoot em ups

I'll continue playing it but 180 meg installed means i doubt it'll sit on my device for long.
i usually refer to that control scheme as touch-follow, and yeah, no-buy from me without relative touch.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Game Impressions

05-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Roswell Fighter was a turd. You are always feeling underpowered (10x shots to kill a level 1 alien or something) and worse of all, absolute touch (instead of relative touch) control completely ruined the game and the gameplay was terrible too - when you die you lose every upgrade and makes it practically un-winnable in that level.

It was one of the most unpleasant game I have played.

And this new version - "Reloaded" - they are charging more money. What happen to all the original customers? We are just left behind for the upgrade?
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

Also, the new "Reloaded" version looks almost exactly the same as old one - with just a little bit of 3D upgrade here and there. Its still the same crappy game.

I highly recommend you guys get other more worthy game.

Last edited by BallsToTheWall; 05-15-2013 at 11:47 AM.