★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ravensword: Shadowlands By Crescent Moon Games

05-15-2013, 06:02 PM
#1
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,083
Ravensword: Shadowlands By Crescent Moon Games



Last edited by goiMot; 05-16-2013 at 06:01 AM.
05-15-2013, 06:12 PM
#2
Also has Game Center achievements, forgot to mention that in the description.

05-15-2013, 07:17 PM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
So the graphical differences are just in terms of textures?
05-15-2013, 07:21 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
So the graphical differences are just in terms of textures?
I replaced a bunch of the environment models with more high res ones, and everything has realtime shadows and the bloom effect if you run it on high settings, as well as many more plants.
05-15-2013, 07:25 PM
#5
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
I replaced a bunch of the environment models with more high res ones, and everything has realtime shadows and the bloom effect if you run it on high settings, as well as many more plants.
Ah, I see. Didn't everything have realtime shadows for A6 devices as well? I pretty sure they were there on my iPad 4.
05-15-2013, 07:33 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ah, I see. Didn't everything have realtime shadows for A6 devices as well? I pretty sure they were there on my iPad 4.
Only the characters, not the environment. Also, look at the leaves from the tree casting on the the Carnosaur - that's a Mac specific thing.
05-15-2013, 07:35 PM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
Only the characters, not the environment. Also, look at the leaves from the tree casting on the the Carnosaur - that's a Mac specific thing.
Ah, I see. Damn that looks good. Pity it wasn't included in the iOS versions
05-15-2013, 07:38 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ah, I see. Damn that looks good. Pity it wasn't included in the iOS versions
Yeah its not really possible to have real-time shadows on everything yet in a game like this - for mobile. Probably the next gen of iPhone/iPad will be able to do it.
05-15-2013, 08:09 PM
#9
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
Yeah its not really possible to have real-time shadows on everything yet in a game like this - for mobile. Probably the next gen of iPhone/iPad will be able to do it.
What if you weren't running at Retina resolution but 720p?

Edit: have you seen the Vita running Assassin's Creed? That's pushing realtime shadow casting on everything and it's only about as powerful as an iPhone 5.

Last edited by JBRUU; 05-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.
05-15-2013, 09:30 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
What if you weren't running at Retina resolution but 720p?

Edit: have you seen the Vita running Assassin's Creed? That's pushing realtime shadow casting on everything and it's only about as powerful as an iPhone 5.
I'll take that back, you can put realtime shadows on everything, but its just gonna be slowwww....