★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gravitation (remake of an old skool 2D Thrust-style game)

05-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Gravitation (remake of an old skool 2D Thrust-style game)

Gravitation is coming to the Mac App Store later this Summer!

It is a faithful remake of a PlayStation Net Yaroze game I created which featured on the Official PlayStation Magazine cover disk in Europe way back in 1998.

Due to popular demand, after 11 years working on AAA titles at Codemasters and since returning to my one-man indie roots releasing Lead Wars for iOS, I'm bringing Gravitation back to modern devices, which will include the Mac!

The game is still in an Alpha state with lots left to do (a nicer OSD and front-end to name just two!), but a pre-release Alpha build is actually playable right now on Mac and PC from my website (see www.demonstudios.com). It features 1-4 players with split-screen multiplayer racing and dogfighting.

The finished game will have many more maps, possibly a single-player mission mode, and online Game Center race records (online vs play is also an option).

Gravitation was HUGELY inspired by the great Gravity Force on the Amiga (created by Kingsoft in 1989) - a game which me and my mate used to love playing after school (the same mate I used to play real-life Lead Wars with during lessons in fact!)

Note this is a game best played with friends!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Apps: Lead Wars (TA Thread) | Super Grav (TA Thread)
DemonStudios Ltd | Indie Game Dev
www.demonstudios.com
Follow: Facebook | Twitter
07-08-2013, 04:56 AM
Ohhhh I used to LOVE this game on my PlayStation! Kept that cover disc for years just to play this when friends came round. Amazing that you're working on it again, look forward to playing it on PC!
07-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks!

Note you can play this right now on PC - the current alpha build is downloadable on the website and already contains the entire original PlayStation game (all 9 maps in Race or Dogfight and all weapons fully working) - playable on PC or Mac.

Eventually I want to have iOS and Android versions too, but am focusing on PC/Mac/OUYA for now.

www.demonstudios.com
08-19-2014, 02:21 PM
This game is well on the way now (as it should be a year on!), but it has now had a name change to Super Grav!

Pointing this out here so if anyone stumbles on this thread in the future and wonders what came of it you know what to search for

I'll post a new thread for Super Grav as soon as there's a new video.

A playable alpha version of Super Grav can be found here www.demonstudios.com - short of having the final front-end and all the 1-player mission levels is pretty much feature-complete. The iOS and Android versions are all working nicely now and there shouldn't be much of a delay in their release if at all compared to the desktop versions.

Note the main reason for the name change is there's already a game called Gravitation on the App Store, but also because it's now got loads of new super features compared to the PlayStation original!

www.demonstudios.com

Last edited by DemonJim; 12-08-2014 at 06:43 AM.
03-11-2015, 01:06 PM
ue to popular demand, after 11 years working on AAA titles at Codemasters and since returning to my one-man indie roots releasing Lead Wars for iOS, I'm bringing Gravitation

hadi