★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Star Trek Rivals

05-17-2013, 04:14 AM
Star Trek Rivals

Thread for the Add Me code at the start of the game. I got a Kirk card (don't know whether it is poo or not).

My code - DPUHFS

Gamecentre ID - .P0tshot. Playing - Final Fantasy 9, Hearthstone, Blood Bowl, Magic Puzzle Quest, Crashlands Wanting - Xcom 2, Blood Bowl 2, Resonance of Fate!
05-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Add me QZEQUI

05-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Added you guys.

Other people add me: -----

Last edited by ditroia; 05-20-2013 at 12:19 AM.
05-18-2013, 03:03 AM
You keep beating me . Most of my elite cards are tied up in games with people not playing.
05-18-2013, 04:19 AM
My referral code is FWDQQI .

I used Ditroia's referral code when I first started the game, to "share the wealth" instead of defaulting to the first poster all the time.

You only get the referral benefits if someone puts in your code at the very BEGINNING of the game, but since your cards will be "stuck" in other games (and you only have enough for four games at the start), it's a good idea to use friend codes of people that you're pretty sure will actually FINISH the games.

Otherwise you've got five cards lost in limbo for a week (unless there's a "quit" button that I'm not seeing). And if that happens four times, you're either buying more cards or ignoring the app for seven days.

Last edited by Laire; 05-18-2013 at 05:09 AM.
05-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
My referral code is FWDQQI .

I used Ditroia's referral code when I first started the game, to "share the wealth" instead of defaulting to the first poster all the time.

You only get the referral benefits if someone puts in your code at the very BEGINNING of the game, but since your cards will be "stuck" in other games (and you only have enough for four games at the start), it's a good idea to use friend codes of people that you're pretty sure will actually FINISH the games.

Otherwise you've got five cards lost in limbo for a week (unless there's a "quit" button that I'm not seeing). And if that happens four times, you're either buying more cards or ignoring the app for seven days.

Thanks mate. Did you friend up the other two guys. They finish games. The benefit when playing friends is you get more credits and experience.

I've got a bunch of games in limbo. But have been able to buy decks with earned credits and the starting Latium. You can nudge players but hopefully there's an update to forfiet the game after 24 hours.

I recommend saving credits for the $2500 level as I got some decent cards with that. Also if you have enough cards and credit you can upgrade cards.

Last edited by ditroia; 05-18-2013 at 05:39 AM.
05-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Gameplay video:

http://m.au.ign.com/videos/2013/05/1...ar-trek-rivals

Note I'm not getting any ads.
05-18-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditroia View Post
Thanks mate. Did you friend up the other two guys. They finish games. The benefit when playing friends is you get more credits and experience.
Yeah, I've played several games so far (although I forgot whose "in game" name matched up with which referral code). I'm "Peridot Weapon" on there so my name is pretty distinctive.

Actually been having some good dumb luck with the starter deck. I've always liked games like this because even if you have a junk hand, you can still set up "Tribble Trap" mind games. If you throw a Tribble in the center as your first move, pretty much anything can gain ownership of it, but it's not likely to "combo" onto anything else ...

Dumb luck has been favoring me, as the placement options left for me on my eighth or ninth move have been able to give me combos off of the ONE direction that would work on the card(s) I have left at that point.

I can't promise to check in every hour, but I'll be fairly active this weekend. (I'd be MORE so if half my cards weren't tied up in the first two games I foolishly chose "Random Rival" on!)

I'll buy some cards eventually, but the max/minner in me hates to spend starting resources without knowing the rarities.

A Cadet Pack is 5 cards, and only has the chance for one of them to be a "Powerful Card." An Ensign costs 2.5x as much, gives twice as many cards, and has the chance for "multiple" cards to be Powerful. But without knowing HOW MANY cards can be Powerful, the odds of them being so, and the maximum border of rarity than you can find in each pack, an Ensign pack could be a waste of money.

Last edited by Laire; 05-18-2013 at 06:51 AM.
05-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Usually you get 4 good cards in the $2500 pack. Around 4 decent and 2 or so average.

Cheers

Dave
05-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Connection issues now.