★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SpeedR Promo Code Contest

07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
SpeedR Promo Code Contest

I'm going to hold a promo code contest for my latest game, SpeedR. The latest version, 1.1, will be submitted within the next day or two and I'd like to know people's opinions before/after the update. I just started writing iPhone games (this is my 3rd one), so any advice you can give me to help me better my game would be great.

So here's the deal. Post in the thread what your favorite car is and why. I'll pick a minimum of 10 people to each receive a promo code from the responses. I'll also pick one or two of the car choices and implement them in the game for 1.1.

I'll start it off. For the longest time I loved the 69 Camaro RS/SS. It's still one of my dream cars and if I had a million dollars, it would be my first purchase. As far as all out driving fun and performance though, my favorite car would have to be the Corvette. I've gotten to drive lots of different cars in my time and while they're all lots of fun, most of the higher end sports cars require a lot of maintenance to keep going. The Corvette is one of the few sports cars where you can drive it to work, take it to the track after work and drive home when you're done without having to worry about the huge maintenance bill waiting for you. I saved up for a long time and was finally able to purchase a 2000 Corvette last year. There are days where I'll walk into my garage to grab something and just smile when I see the car sitting there. Here's a picture of how the car currently sits:

.. and yes, that's my actual license plate

So let's hear your car stories.
07-15-2009, 11:14 AM
OK..I'll play.

I dont really have a "favorite" car actually. But if i won a million dollars today, the one i'd probably buy is a Lexus. Perhaps an RX400h. It's hybrid, so fuel economy is there.

07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Hmmm, I just got my permit, so I don't know too much about cars, but I really want a Honda Civic Mugen edition. Those just look so cool, and they're pretty cheap too, for like 30 grand or something. =) It looks like a car outta the movies, like in NFS or something. Anyways heres a pic to convince you guys how cool it looks xD

07-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I am not what you would call a car afficiando. For me, they have always been more of neccessity. But the car I currently covet is the Acura TL AWD: 305-hp, 3.7-liter VTEC® V-6 engine. That is one sexy looking car. I need AWD for when it snows, so that rules out most other sports cars, except for Audi... but Audis are too unreliable... so I'm going for the Japanese import. Sorry Detroit, but I can't trust you either.

Warp Gate is finally here...

Others currently getting play time: Strategery... the other 30 apps I own never really get played.

Last edited by Patton; 07-15-2009 at 11:27 AM.
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
You've got to love the Bugatti Veyron. Its beautiful. I think it costs more than a million dollars and not many have been made. That just shows you how exclusive it is! Probably the greatest car ever made.

07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Cadillac cts because of the smooth body

memory cards
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Bugatti Veyron

If i had a million dollars my car would definitely be the Bugatti Veyron as well. For 2 reasons, it is THE FASTEST car and there are not that many made. Being that not that many are made would really make the car feel like it's your very own. You could have it customized and that stuff, and you would have one heck of a car.
07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
For me, its the Dodge Viper. I love it, everything about it is so sleek and elegant and it has speed to go along with it. I especially love it when a Viper has the streaks going from front to back. It reminds me of the Beast in the original GTA. It had greater speed and power than any other car in the game and was one of the best looking cars too. I couldnt imagine having one for real. I would have to take it to a track and race it or something.
I looked at the cars that you have already for the game, and I like the selection, they look pretty cool!

Last edited by PureSkill; 07-15-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Changed Picture Size
07-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Ever since i played Gran Turismo on PS2 when i was ten, I've wanted a white Dodge Viper with two blue racing stripes right down the middle. This car is amazingly fast, and as fly as it gets.

I'd love to try out your game too, looks sweet.

Last edited by ROCKST4R; 07-15-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Dang it, while I was writing, someone posted the same vehicle.
07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
The Veyron is an awesome car.. I saw one in person a few weeks ago. It really is a masterpiece.

The Viper is also an amazing car. The Viper and Corvette seem to have a rivalry thing going.. you get Corvette guys that say the Viper looks like a clownshoe and Viper guys that say the Corvette is a glorified Camaro. In my opinion, both cars are equally amazing.

My gripe with the Viper is they're hard as daily drivers. They really are a race car that's been made to fit the road. It sounds cool at first, but with the Texas temperature getting up to 110 it can get really really uncomfortable. At the end of the day though, there aren't many cars that can give you the rock star status like the Viper can.