Sword of Fargoal 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fargoal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. fargoal

fargoal Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Sword of Fargoal 2

Hello All! Here's an early preview announcement that I'd like to share:

We know how important it is to everyone — ourselves included — to finish our year+ long efforts on "Sword of Fargoal 2." We are resolved to do just that, and we have a plan that we think will help us successfully accomplish *all* of our goals for the completely rebuilt, new release of the game.

Though this is not the 'official' announcement that will be to-come, we wanted to let you know *early on* that we will in fact be launching a "Fargoal 2" Kickstarter campaign as many of you have suggested!!

As many of you know, we have been working on adding all the new dungeon level types, character classes, intelligent monster behaviors, treasures, traps, interface design changes, music tracks, etc. Plus there are completely new features — like "Action Cards" & side-quests — that we plan to put into the new game.

"Sword of Fargoal" (and "Sword of Fargoal Legends") were feats of gargantuan proportions already on their own (for a small, grass roots, three-person team). What we've discovered is that "Fargoal 2" has been many more times *bigger* for us to accomplish! At this point we are about 80% done. It is that last 20% that we know will be the hardest, and the portion we will be asking for help from our Kickstarter supporters and Fargoal fans.

When we can fully announce the Kickstarter campaign and we know its specific timing, we will let you all know what fantastic rewards will be offered. Digital downloads of the game will, of course, be one of the base reward levels.

There are so many more cool reward levels that we will be offering that I can't wait to share. In fact, I am going to spill the beans on one of them right now:

At the highest level, for *one person only* we will be offering THE real-life, handcrafted "Sword of Fargoal" itself! Yes, you heard right!! (preview pictures of the Sword will be shown in the official announcement).

Please stay tuned, and spread the word for people to look for our Kickstarter announcement coming soon.

Thank you *all* for sticking with us, giving us inspiration and encouragement, and sometimes the 'kick in the pants' that we've needed as well. It has been a long, amazing, and sometimes perilous quest for us so far — but we think we can see the signs that we are about to reach the Sword Level soon, and are on the right path to getting "Sword of Fargoal 2" launched in all its glory for all to see!!

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
    Fargoal, LLC

2. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Woah, thats nice!
    I was just wondering what happened to Fargoal 2, which brought me here, and thats a nice surprise!
    Can you tell us anything about Fargoal 2, like some new features and stuff, or are you waiting to announce it with the kickstart...

3. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    New character classes, monsters, foes, hundreds of swords, axes, maces, helms, shields, armour, potions, flasks, spells, wands, rods etc. etc. Way more interesting, varied and interactive dungeons with side branches containing sundry hazards and treasures. Tinkering with gadgets and machinery to create custom traps and contraptions, explosive chain reactions. Post-Sword quest in the Ruins of Fargoal.

Lots of stuff, basically. ;)

4. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Sounds basically epic. :)

5. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Finally some good news. Yeah. YEAH. YEAHYEAHYEAH!!!

6. DisconnectD

DisconnectD Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    That is a BOMBSHELL

7. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
  8. plastic_student

plastic_student Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Is there any newsletter on the sequel? Maybe on the 20th level of the dungeon? :)

9. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Well, there's the website at fargoal.com, and some forums there, but nothing really like a newsletter.

10. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Can we expect a new official forum thread with informations and screenshots anytime soon?

11. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Not until I'm finished with PUNCH QUEST.

12. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    This is Jeff McCord, the other part of the Fargoal team, and I have been hard at work ramping up for our upcoming Kickstarter campaign for our upcoming Sword of Fargoal 2 release.

I wanted to let you all know (who have been asking for screen shots, etc.), that you will get to see some fun preview screen shots in our Kickstarter campaign, as well as during the continuing development process if we successfully fund.

In fact, we will be creating a special forum for supporters of our campaign, and will share progress as the game goes through its last 20% of development. Fans will be able to weigh in with suggestions and comments, and I will be taking the reigns of interacting with our Kickstarter supporters while Madgarden (and others) will be working on coding, graphics, animations, music, and much more!

We will announce the campaign launch on this thread, was well as on our @fargoal Twitter feed, our Facebook.com/fargoal page, and our Fargoal.com website and forums.

Thanks for your continued interest in Fargoal 2, and we look forward to sharing more news on the campaign launch very soon!

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord,
    Fargoal, LLC

13. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter campaign launched today! (9-13-12)

Our Sword of Fargoal 2 Kickstarter campaign launched today! (9-13-12)

Thank you *so much* for those of you who have already discovered it and supported us! We got an amazing first run today, reaching 33 backers and $1,300 in less than seven hours. But admittedly, we have a looong way to go before the campaign can be considered successful and we can get the pledged funding (Kickstarter, as many of you know, is an all-or-nothing thing).

Even if you are not interested in supporting us financially, just passing on our Kickstater link (http://far.gl/sof-ks) to friends you know may like the game would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks in advance for checking out our Kickstarter page. Sneak peaks at screen shots and more are on the page!

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord
    "Sword of Fargoal 2"

14. Rovorcen

Rovorcen Active Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Kickstarter campaign is looking good everyone who has enjoyed this game should go check out the SoF2 project and consider pledging. http://far.gl/sof-ks

15. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Rovorcen,

Thank you *so much* for the encouragement!!

— Jeff McCord

16. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Huge and beautiful campaign. And I loooved the animation at the end of the video! Will back for sure! It's gonna be a success!

17. Rumblecat

Rumblecat Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Thailand
    Yeah, I've backed it. Really hope it reaches the target. Good luck guys :)

18. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
  19. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    If you could do a $5 pledge that gets you just the game when it comes out then I would do that.

20. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    ...Wait what... SECURITY!!!