★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mullet dragon free!!

05-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Mullet dragon free!!

Surely the title alone makes this worth a try

05-17-2013, 12:12 PM
What the heck, I'll imp this one fellas.

05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
No IAP, new release at a free price... super cheesy graphics that look like they were made in MS Paint... small download size... free... ok... I'll give it a shot too.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
05-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Level 1: Beat em up, Timed.
Streets

Hit the vans to progress, time out means a lost life. Enemies come from both sides.
Alien UFO above trying to blast ya.

Level 2: Beat em up, Timed
Same as above. In an arcade. One van here. Knife throwing enemies. Thrown knives can be punched or kicked to reduce damage. Reach spaceship to finish.

Level 3: Space shooter.
Touch corners to move left or right. One hit you die. Autofire.

Thats as far as I got for now.
Controls are responsive, yet a little mushy. This game lagged on me, iphone 4.
Purposeful?
Maybe, but better off having it run smooth.
Story, Thugs kidnap Bimmiy's girlfriend, sell her to aliens. Bimmiy goes supersayin on those punks.

Free, get it. But it has issuses. Still oddly fun, and there is a password system. I don't know why.
05-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately it's not very good.... Love the idea behind it and the c64 graphics and yes it's fun for a few minutes but the novelty wears off very quickly. The controls let it down more than anything. Great name and nice icon mind.
05-17-2013, 12:34 PM
It is bad, but its free. Like borrowing plan 9 from the library. Kind of fun, but a little stupid.
05-18-2013, 10:08 AM
I played it last night, made it to level 5, and when I died it game me a password (which it recorded for me) so I could start at level 5. Nice. It's about as cheesy as gaming gets... but it's been interesting playing. Levels 4&5 are similar to 1&2 except te enemies change as do the themes. 4, for instance, was a graveyard.

I take it the free promotion is over, sorry bout bumping the thread but the TA app doesn't always show the appinfo pricing data for me on the iPhone.
05-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I played it last night, made it to level 5, and when I died it game me a password (which it recorded for me) so I could start at level 5. Nice. It's about as cheesy as gaming gets... but it's been interesting playing. Levels 4&5 are similar to 1&2 except te enemies change as do the themes. 4, for instance, was a graveyard.

I take it the free promotion is over, sorry bout bumping the thread but the TA app doesn't always show the appinfo pricing data for me on the iPhone.
A password instead of a save...sounds like an ode to old school console gaming.
05-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
A password instead of a save...sounds like an ode to old school console gaming.
Yeah, especially since they write it down for you in a virtual password journal so you don't even have to type them in (though you can). It's IMO a cool way to handle the ability to start at a later level with all 3 lives and it adds a little mystery about what other stuff might be possible to do from the password screen. Still it's not a great game as the controls are bad, graphics are pretty bad even for retro looking stuff, gameplay is not terrible but far from good. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, though I'm not going to hate on it for free. It was worth trying out and I got a chuckle out of it. Hopefully the folks behind it aren't in it for more than just learning how to make games.