★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Form - A new and unique puzzle game. + Lite $0.99

07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Form - A new and unique puzzle game. + Lite $0.99

Ironsoft Studios is proud to bring you our new puzzle game, Form, for the iPhone & iPod Touch!

Form is a new and unique puzzle game in which you navigate a ball through an obstacle course from one pipe to the other. Before completing a level, you must first obtain all of the keys to unlock the exit pipe. You are provided with ramps, gravity modifiers, and teleporters which you can position and rotate to guide the ball through each level. Teleport through walls, reverse gravity, and orbit the ball around obstacles. Each level presents a new challenge with multiple solutions--some not so obvious.

Only $0.99

Form Website:
http://www.ironsoftstudios.com/form

YouTube Official Form Gameplay Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/ironsoftstudios

iTunes Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321210591&mt=8

Screenshots:

Features
  • True Physics
  • 48 Unique Levels
  • 4 Difficulties
  • Crisp Graphics
  • Great Music
  • Cool Sound FX
  • Game Help / Tutorial

Erik Schuckel
Co-Founder
Ironsoft Studios, LLC
www.ironsoftstudios.com
07-15-2009, 01:02 PM
It looks interesting and very polished. I may purchase it later today.

Youtube link | Pop Up

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

07-15-2009, 01:15 PM
It kinda looks like Enigmo - but w/ some unique take gameplay mechanics. Enigmo is still one of the best games for the iDevice imo.

At .99, I'll definitely check it out - but I've already bought 2 games today... so it'll have to wait.

Warp Gate is finally here...

Others currently getting play time: Strategery... the other 30 apps I own never really get played.
07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Initial impression:

1. The ball appears to slide more than roll so a little more animation there would be good.

2. You must change the X to a tick. A X means "undo" or "remove" or "delete" so if I've just positioned things I'm looking for a green tick. I've done a few levels and clicking that red X still seems wrong even though I know it's the right thing to do.

3. Undo. I'm not sure about this or how complex it gets later but being able to undo the last action rather than completely start a level again. Where there are multiple elements having to replace all just to get one angle right and then getting an earlier piece wrong could be frustrating.

4. Not sure about the key. It looked a little lost. Maybe make it slightly more elaborate so it stands out a bit more without becoming too prominent?

Still exploring levels and liking them though
07-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post
Initial impression:

1. The ball appears to slide more than roll so a little more animation there would be good.

2. You must change the X to a tick. A X means "undo" or "remove" or "delete" so if I've just positioned things I'm looking for a green tick. I've done a few levels and clicking that red X still seems wrong even though I know it's the right thing to do.

3. Undo. I'm not sure about this or how complex it gets later but being able to undo the last action rather than completely start a level again. Where there are multiple elements having to replace all just to get one angle right and then getting an earlier piece wrong could be frustrating.

4. Not sure about the key. It looked a little lost. Maybe make it slightly more elaborate so it stands out a bit more without becoming too prominent?

Still exploring levels and liking them though
I'd pretty much agree with everything markx2 said. Overall, I like the game and thinks it's well done. If you like these types of games, at $0.99 this is a very good deal. If Enigmo is a 5, this currently is a 4 (and with a few tweaks could be a 4.5).

One other suggestion, release a lite version with just a few levels for each difficulty level. If you do that, more people will try the game and will definitely buy it.

Good luck!
09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyN View Post
release a lite version with just a few levels for each difficulty level. If you do that, more people will try the game and will definitely buy it.
Done
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=328746932&mt=8
09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
thanks dave

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-03-2009, 06:43 PM
How did I miss this game? The video looks awesome. I'll try the lite- but I know I'm buying unless the controls are impossible...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-07-2009, 12:04 PM
So did anyone try this out? Nearly all the 17 reviewers on iTunes only reviewed this game and nothing else. Looks interesting but too lazy to try out the lite.
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
I got it. Finished the easy level and gone on to medium. Definitely more interesting once you get to more difficult levels.

I like it ok, but the 3-tries-before-all-the-tools-reset seem a bit redundant. There's only three kinds of tools and given in limited numbers to solve a particular given level. There's a ramp thing, a reverse-gravity bar and teleport tool. Tools are easily placed and rotated as needed.

The ball does behave oddly at times but at least the physic is consistent enough that you'll soon be able to predict how it will roll and so you'll know how to set things up. The ball is not affected by tilting the iphone (although many times I wish it did! ) I think the design is intentional. The ball is to be guided by the placement of the tools, and not by tilting.

The grahics is nice, sound is rather minimal though. Would be nice if the ball had a more solid look and sound. That's just a minor nitpick on my part. Good puzzle game for 99c.