★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: TOP 5 APP APP STORE BEST OF 2013 WINNER FEATURED AROUND THE WORLD BY APPLE

DREAM IT. BUILD IT. USE IT. SHARE IT
Craft your own gun and compete against your friends, your enemies, or anyone in the world in a virtual reality shooting competition!

INSTANT MULTIPLAYER
With our exclusive Quick Match system, get placed in a lag-free multiplayer match in 5 SECONDS. No waiting. No lag. Just play.

JOIN OVER 50 MILLION GAMERS WORLDWIDE
And find out why Naquatic apps like MonsterCrafter and Shooting Showdown have lit up the top charts and been featured by everyone from Apple to IGN, AppAdvice, and TouchArcade.

CALLING ALL SHARPSHOOTERS
Virtual reality controls let you take aim with your device-- how accurate are you really?
Head-to-head multiplayer with or without Game Center
Support for all devices including the glorious iPhone 5, iPad Mini, and iPad with Retina display
Physics-based shooting challenges with destructible targets
Leaderboards to track your improvement
Unlockable blocks and upgrades

TouchArcade Bot's comments:


05-18-2013, 11:24 AM
#2
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 619
Looks like it came out. Downloading right now.

Edit: The game is okay will depend on each individual. The multiplayer is just who ever shoot the most blocks. Was actually hoping for some fps action. :/ Graphics are not bad and there are iap. It is to be seen how badly implemented they are but they don't seem too intrusive. But building guns is fun to say the least.

Last edited by RoboWarrior; 05-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.

05-18-2013, 11:55 AM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
Looks like a bizarre amalgamation of Minecraft and Borderlands. I get the feeling the screenshots are better than the game itself, but I'm intrigued enough to give it a look.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-18-2013, 01:33 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Looks like a bizarre amalgamation of Minecraft and Borderlands. I get the feeling the screenshots are better than the game itself, but I'm intrigued enough to give it a look.
No borderlands feel but yeah the screenshot look better than it is interms of gameplay but the graphics are what the screenshots show.
05-18-2013, 02:04 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,313
It's definintly not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but I LOVE it so far. One star of for the fact that the person who buys iAP will always win.
05-18-2013, 09:05 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
It's definintly not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but I LOVE it so far. One star of for the fact that the person who buys iAP will always win.
Speak for yourself...I've been embarrassing golden gun users left and right with my plastic gun . But in all honesty it's definitely our biggest unlock skill discrepancy yet, so I won't argue with you. We've gotten knocked a bunch of times in the past for keeping the equipment curve too flat, so we decided to give it a bit more weight this time around.

Btw, you have these guys to thank for the single player versus Practice mode: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=187726. We frequently add features and tweak based on the feedback here; we really appreciate you weighing in!

Michael and Will
Naquatic - Guncrafter | MonsterCrafter | CivCrafter | CivMiner | Staying Together | Shooting Showdown | Soccer Showdown | Basketball Showdown | Hockey Showdown | Football Showdown | ACC Football Challenge | Touch Ski 3D | American Football | American Basketball | American Hockey | Solitaire Zen | Arena | Affliction | Corners
05-18-2013, 09:09 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Looks like a bizarre amalgamation of Minecraft and Borderlands. I get the feeling the screenshots are better than the game itself, but I'm intrigued enough to give it a look.
Borderlands for life. Guncrafter isn't cel shaded, but the texturing itself is heavily influenced by that thick bordered style. We wanted to put a twist on the pixelated texture look that's been beaten to death recently.

Michael and Will
Naquatic - Guncrafter | MonsterCrafter | CivCrafter | CivMiner | Staying Together | Shooting Showdown | Soccer Showdown | Basketball Showdown | Hockey Showdown | Football Showdown | ACC Football Challenge | Touch Ski 3D | American Football | American Basketball | American Hockey | Solitaire Zen | Arena | Affliction | Corners
05-18-2013, 09:45 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 435
This would be cooler if it had a simple true fps mode.
05-18-2013, 10:19 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquatic View Post
Borderlands for life. Guncrafter isn't cel shaded, but the texturing itself is heavily influenced by that thick bordered style. We wanted to put a twist on the pixelated texture look that's been beaten to death recently.
It looks awesome in action!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquatic View Post
Speak for yourself...I've been embarrassing golden gun users left and right with my plastic gun . But in all honesty it's definitely our biggest unlock skill discrepancy yet, so I won't argue with you. We've gotten knocked a bunch of times in the past for keeping the equipment curve too flat, so we decided to give it a bit more weight this time around.

Btw, you have these guys to thank for the single player versus Practice mode: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=187726. We frequently add features and tweak based on the feedback here; we really appreciate you weighing in!
Good to know! To be quite honest, the plastic set seems a bit OP. (I absolutely own people with wood sets) Anyway, I love this game!
05-18-2013, 10:42 PM
#10
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 124
Awesome game. Very addicting.
Also, first person I fought had a golden weapon.
...
Smoked him with my wooden pistol.

Suggestion:The ability to aim down sights.
EDIT REMOVED:It was a simple misconception.

Last edited by Thaumite; 05-19-2013 at 11:47 PM.