★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "the game itself is brilliant" - psj3809, TouchArcade Moderator

"I'm really, really digging the game." -metalcasket, TouchArcade Moderator

"This is definitely one of my favorite games of the year so far." syntheticvoid, TouchArcade Forums

"Keep the content coming, you have a winner here. THANK YOU!" -the 30 pack, App Store Reviewer

"cant wait to see more from this dev. 5/5 thanks" -psj3809, Touch Arcade Moderator

As an agent for the Intergalactic Defense, you are trained to outsmart and defeat enemies of the Alien Galactic Alliance. On a seemingly average day of work, you arrive late to Headquarters, as usual, but find that your coworkers are under attack! Your friends are taken hostage and you must rescue them by navigating the enemy-riddled tunnels beneath Headquarters.

Your mission: Use power-ups, stealth, and cunning to disable enemies and rescue your friends through 54 levels and 6 boss levels. Collect all 180 gems while you're at it.

Features:
Universal app
Game progress automatically synced on all your devices with iCloud
60 Levels
Head-to-Head 2 Player Mode via Game Center
Controls designed to accommodate for ergonomic differences between the iPhone, iPad, and iPad Mini
MOGA ACE POWER and the Logitech PowerShell Controller Support!

metalcasket's comments:
05-19-2013, 02:34 PM
TOFTT. Impressions in a little bit...but right off the bat, no IAPs.

Alright, I'm really digging this. The only complaint I have is it doesn't appear to be retina on iPhone, but the controls are fine, there are some really innovative ideas and the gameplay's instantly clicked with me. Will be putting this on iPad (yes, my iPhone is my "test machine" now >_>) in a second.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-19-2013 at 02:55 PM.

05-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
It's not bad...

It's screaming for a scoring system... And achievements...

And it says customizable controls, but I can't find an option menu? Or did the DEV mean his own customized controls made for touch screen? Is this a port?

Also... It says iCloud support... I didn't think that was an option without GC?
05-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Game Impressions

Hey there metalcasket. I'm the developer for Mad Agents. Thanks for posting about my game.

I have to admit that while the controls for the iPad and iPad Mini are quite good, I am not happy with the controls for the larger iPad. Besides the left-right arrow pad touch detection being a bit off, the A-B buttons feel a bit 'off.' I'm doing what I can to fix it today so that I can submit an update tonight. The update should be available in less than a week.

I'm also working on finishing up the real-time multiplayer over Game Center. I'm quite proud of it. I'll post video links soon.
05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
It's not bad...

It's screaming for a scoring system... And achievements...

And it says customizable controls, but I can't find an option menu? Or did the DEV mean his own customized controls made for touch screen? Is this a port?

Also... It says iCloud support... I didn't think that was an option without GC?

Not to pull a 'Jonathan Blow' and just pop out of no where like a dark wizard, but I was Googling around and found this thread about my game, it's quite exciting for me since it's my first professional release

When I wrote 'custom' controls in the app store description, I meant to say that the game's controls were uniquely laid out between the various iOS devices to accommodate differences in weight, center of gravity, etc, blah. Any suggestions for rewording?
05-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I dunno...
Maybe...

Controls specifically designed for each iDevice?

I'm not saying that's better at all. I don't claim to know how to write a good AppStore description... But if anyone else has an idea (anyone else looking through this thread...), please share it.

I was kind of expecting customizable controls. They aren't bad at all, I just thought that having the movement buttons a little closer to the edge on my 5th gen would be a tad bit more comfortable...

Anyway... Its great hearing that you still plan on messing with the game a bit. There's some very interesting mechanics here. Even without GC, its an easy recommendation.
05-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I dunno...
Maybe...

Controls specifically designed for each iDevice?

I'm not saying that's better at all. I don't claim to know how to write a good AppStore description... But if anyone else has an idea (anyone else looking through this thread...), please share it.

I was kind of expecting customizable controls. They aren't bad at all, I just thought that having the movement buttons a little closer to the edge on my 5th gen would be a tad bit more comfortable...

Anyway... Its great hearing that you still plan on messing with the game a bit. There's some very interesting mechanics here. Even without GC, its an easy recommendation.
Thanks for the suggestion, I went ahead and made changes to the App Store description. I get cross-eyed staring at my code for so long that it's difficult to see the forest through the trees, so thanks for the honest (and gentle) feedback.
05-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartledMonocle View Post
Hey there metalcasket. I'm the developer for Mad Agents. Thanks for posting about my game.
Don't mention it.

I've been getting my ass kicked by level 20, but damn...I'm really, really digging the game. It's like a mix and match of Super Crate Box, the original Mario Bros. and...err...I dunno. Just works, you know?. Whether it's the collecting aspect, the avoidance, having to survive even after blowing up doors, it's just immensely satisfying and wouldn't feel out of place on the NES. The colors, the enemies, the power-ups...everything feels old-school. Love it.

As far as controls are concerned, I'm playing on a 4th gen iPad now (oh yeah, bloody hell...the iCloud implementation has yet to fail me. Nice!) and I honestly don't have a problem with the controls. That said, since you're improving them, that's even better.

Unlike syntheticvoid, I'm not bothered about scoring or Game Center implementation, so I'm good in that department.

Congrats on the release and I'm hoping this does great. It's just a nice, simple, fun game that reminds me of the good old days of the App Store before IAP took over the entire world and crapped on it.

PS: How much convincing will it take you to try and add retina graphics for iPad?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Well this is a nice surprise.

Love the way the controls looks (NES style) and i LOVE the look of the graphics specially the background, reminds me of Bubble Bobble big time.

Bought it instantly and loving it. Telling my friends and i shall post about this on another forum i go to a lot. To the dev - THANKYOU ! Its like a different Bubble Bobble style game, a lot of levels, cant wait to see more from this dev. 5/5 thanks

Only 'slight' negative is i agree there should be more on the main menu, story/about etc. Also when i went to leave the game there wasnt a 'menu' option (suppose theres not much there at the moment !). Bit more padding outside of the game on the menu/about etc would be good. But thats not major pain or that, the game itself is brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Unlike syntheticvoid, I'm not bothered about scoring or Game Center implementation, so I'm good in that department.
Same here, got no interest in game 'lets show total strangers how much time we spend playing games' centre !
05-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Thank you all very much for your sincere feedback. This being my first paid app release, I'm new to having players openly critique my work. The response I've received for the game has been overwhelmingly positive, and quite motivating for me personally I must admit. Next stop, quitting my full-time day job, moving to the desert, and going full-time indie? (a man can dream, can't he )

metalcasket and psj3809, would you mind if I cite a couple of your kind words as review quotes for my website? If so, should I attribute the quotes to Touch Arcade, or (forum username), Touch Arcade?