★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crab Optical Boat Super Game Number One!

07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Crab Optical Boat Super Game Number One!

Oh my God I can't believe I just spent half an hour playing this game.

カニ光船 [link] (it's free!)
Babelfish translation: Crab Optical Boat
Until I looked that up I was calling it Dizzy Crab Fighters...

Why Dizzy Crab Fighters?

The thruster buttons in the corners turn on or off your right or left thruster. If one is on, you rotate. If both are on, you go forward. It's nice that the developer put L/R buttons in all corners so you can pretty much hold the device any way you want, but the thruster buttons reverse in landscape vs portrait orientations. There are two fire buttons at the top/bottom (or sides in landscape orientation.)

Mostly you shoot little crabs, (which "pop" nicely when you shoot them) head towards "The Enemy" (indicated by the arrow on the circle surrounding your ship, and conveniently labeled on screen ) and die when you touch anything (mostly "The Enemy" which often pops onto your screen so fast you run into it before you can turn off your thrusters!) I found it fun to shoot in rhythm to the cool music while flying towards "The Enemy."

Regretably... I don't read Japanese!

This is made even more difficult by the image of some anime girl flashing on the screen every time you manage to shoot "The Enemy."

Since I wouldn't expect most people to bother to put the effort into defeating "The Enemy" here is a screenshot of the end of the game:

There's something being said while you view this for a bit, then it jumps right back to the title.

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
07-15-2009, 02:49 PM
So ... when you win, you get a plate of blurry crab legs? With maybe some unclarified butter?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-15-2009, 03:16 PM

(very super good crab game, if babelfish translates correctly)

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...