★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: BEDEVILED: 4 Promo Codes For the Taking

07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to darrelplant
BEDEVILED: 4 Promo Codes For the Taking

These promo codes are redeemable only in the US App Store and are provided on a first-come, first-served basis.

MWKJNJ9FATKA

KHRYER6XHEJ4

HW9JR9LTA993

T6WJPWKM7TM7

"Grabs hold of you and just never lets go. Basically, itís like the game is toying with you rather than you toying with it." -- App of My Eye

"So sliding puzzle games are easy. Childís play, really. But what if the image wasnít just an image? What if it was a ball moving around as you tilt your iPhone?" -- MacMost

"Diabolical and Addictive. I guess watching my wife play a game while she gives me the Heisman every time I lean forward thinking Iím reaching for the iPod Touch kinda counts as quality time. KindaÖ" -- diamondTearz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Released July 3, 2009 on the iTunes App Store exclusively for the iPhone and iPod touch.

BEDEVILED is a monstrous hybrid of two simple toys: a sliding puzzle and a marble in a box.

In BEDEVILED you're assembling a picture just like every other sliding puzzle. But the picture you're assembling is a marble rolling across a solid background. The only clue you have to which tile is which is as the ball moves from tile to tile!

Simple to play. Difficult to master.

BEDEVILED 1 is the $0.99 full version of the game. BEDEVILED 0 is the free version.

Both versions include ball collision and tile sound effects, HELLFIRE feedback when a row or column is correctly placed, auto-save of game in progress, game end display of the number of moves and time to complete. The full version (BEDEVILED 1) includes an in-game move and time counter, the DAMNED cheat option, sound toggle, plus ball size, speed, and bounce options.

Darrel Plant
Moshofsky/Plant Creative Services
Bedeviled: The Most Diabolical Sliding Puzzle Game Ever! Now available from the App Store.
07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
LOL, I just saw this game in your sig, in another thread, and wondered what it was. Now I can find out for myself. I took HW9JR9LTA993.

Thanks!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 07-16-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo

07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Grabbed T6WJPWKM7TM7

Last one left
07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Codes went fast!

Game looks terribly terribly evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 07-15-2009 at 04:13 PM.
07-15-2009, 04:07 PM
This is a really challenging sliding puzzle. The ball moves into the "rooms" where it is actually supposed to go. However if that block is on the other side of the puzzle, then the ball moves there. Ball stops? Well, you know you have hit an edge. Not your standard slider by any means....

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
This is a really challenging sliding puzzle. The ball moves into the "rooms" where it is actually supposed to go. However if that block is on the other side of the puzzle, then the ball moves there. Ball stops? Well, you know you have hit an edge. Not your standard slider by any means....
Thanks for the kind words, if you get an opportunity, please take the time to post a review at iTunes. I've got plans for expansion on this to make it even more diabolical. I'll post info here and on Twitter (@BedeviledGame) as updates are near.

And for anyone who just picked up a code to try it out, I hope you enjoy it!

Darrel Plant
Bedeviled: The Most Diabolical Sliding Puzzle Game Ever! Now available from the App Store.
07-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I hate lurkers.... 2 posted that was used and 2 lurkers...
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrelplant View Post
Thanks for the kind words, if you get an opportunity, please take the time to post a review at iTunes. I've got plans for expansion on this to make it even more diabolical. I'll post info here and on Twitter (@BedeviledGame) as updates are near.

And for anyone who just picked up a code to try it out, I hope you enjoy it!

iTunes review

So, to make this real - Most sliding puzzles are pretty boring. Even when challenging due to designs, or colors - they are boring. Not so Bedeviled. All the squares are the same red color, and the only clue you have to where they go is a ball that you tilt around the playing field. However, the ball rolls into each square that it "should" go into , if the puzzle were solved. But, since it is not, the ball will be all over the place. You can have the ball literally in 4 squares at the same time!! Also, the edges won't let the ball through them, so if that edge is a bottom edge, but the piece is at the top - you can't bring the ball down - it will have to go sideways, and then who knows where it goes!?
Great fun. Simple graphics, but very effective. SImple interface. It has pause / resume. For those of you who can;t visualize it - there is a "Damned" mode that labels the squares so you know where they are supposed to go. Complete with timer. You can change the size of the ball as well to increase or decrease the difficulty.If sliders are your thing, and if you like a challenge, this should be part of your collection. Puzzle size is 6 x4.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 07-15-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: iTunes review added
07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Congratulations on creating the first slide puzzle game that will stay on my iPod Touch!

Initial impressions:

This game isn't quite as evil as it seemed in the video, but it does get nasty as you shuffle around those final few squares.

It's been said before that this is a slide puzzle, where your only way to identify the puzzles is by rolling/bouncing a ball between them.

The explosions when you complete a row were at first quite welcome, then annoying as I got close to the end and things were exploding every other move...

The sound effects are OK, but IMHO don't seem to fit the theme (I guess I'm mostly thinking the ball bounce sounds - the slide sounds are a bit grating, but seem apropriate.)

I'll get a more formal review together later, but I'll cap this off as saying this one is worth the buck, and is near perfect for a slide puzzle game.

One thing that would really help this game would be a high score screen, broken down by puzzle size and keep a high score (make that low-score) for time and number of moves - (show both time and moves for each - shooting for a low time in this game is very different from shooting for a low number of moves!)

4 stars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 07-15-2009 at 06:16 PM.
07-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
One thing that would really help this game would be a high score screen, broken down by puzzle size and keep a high score (make that low-score) for time and number of moves...

4 stars!
Thanks for the stars!

I seriously considered a persistent score mechanism, but thought that it wouldn't have much value given the amount of variation possible in ball size, speed, and bounce. It seemed to me that each score would need to have some sort of weighting system for each of the options or the comparisons would be meaningless.

Still, I'll give it some more consideration and see if I can come up with something that would work.

Darrel Plant