★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: UDID # safe to share?

12-07-2008, 02:01 PM
UDID # safe to share?

In beta testing games you are asked for this number where is it, and is it safe the ad hoc. Or is hacking possible? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by rich_952000; 12-07-2008 at 02:05 PM.
12-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
In beta testing games you are asked for this number where is it, and is it safe the ad hoc. Or is hacking possible? Thanks for any help.
UDID's or Unique Device IDentifiers are asked for by developers for beta testing, as it allows them to build a profile of the application which will only function and successfully launch on your device. To find your UDID, plug-in your device, and on the iTunes 'Summary' tab, click 'Serial Number'. The data will change to show the field 'Identifier'. This is the number you are being asked for.

Alternatively you can use 'UDID' [App Store] from the App Store.

Your UDID is perfectly safe to share with anyone.
It cannot be used maliciously, in any way.

R-Fly

Founder of RazorianFly.com Co-Founder of RFly.Me. Shorten URLs on your iPhone Contact Me Twitter @razorianfly Plus+ User: razorianfly

Last edited by razorianfly; 12-07-2008 at 02:20 PM.
12-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorianfly View Post
UDID's or Unique Device IDentifiers are asked for by develoeprs for beta testing, as it allows them to build a profile of the application which will only function and successfully launch on your device. To find your UDID, plug-in your device, and on the iTunes 'Summary' tab, click 'Serial Number'. The data will change to show the field 'Identifier'. This is the number you are being asked for.

Alternatively you can use 'UDID' [App Store] from the App Store.

Your UDID is perfectly safe to share with anyone.
It cannot be used maliciously, in any way.

R-Fly

Thanks alot razorianfly, man Toucharcade rocks. I am looking forward to beta-testing.
12-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Thanks alot razorianfly, man Toucharcade rocks. I am looking forward to beta-testing.
No problem, any time.

... and yes, beta testing applications rocks.

R-Fly

Founder of RazorianFly.com Co-Founder of RFly.Me. Shorten URLs on your iPhone Contact Me Twitter @razorianfly Plus+ User: razorianfly