Xbox One [With Poll on preferred console]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, May 21, 2013.

?

Which console will you get?

1. Microsoft XBox 1

18.0%
  2. Sony PS4

50.7%
  3. Another console

3.3%
  4. No console

20.7%
  5. Haven't decided

7.3%
  1. #1 Haruhi, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Seems like they've got all the god-awful crappy multimedia stuff well and truly ingrained into the spirit of the console.

I'm actually not watching, but I'm getting a ton of disappointed and heart-broken texts already.

3. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    The games shown so far don't look any better than 360 games.

4. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Wow... Their conference has been totally lame. The PS4 excited me. This just makes me go 'meh'. I thought they might have something amazing lined up.

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    This is pathetic.

6. I wasn't that impressed by the PS4 event, but this Xbox event just solidified my decision to go PS4
    after a price drop.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Just looked into it. As someone who's owned consoles from "both" sides the past 4 generations... it looked pretty damn lame. The phrase that keeps springing to mind is "Seems like a decent TV box, should sit nicely next to my games console".

8. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Yeah Once I have the money I'll just get the Wii u and PS4. This doesn't seem worth it at all.

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    #9 K.D!, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    I've tried watching the live feed, but every site I've tried has kept having issues and booting me out so I gave up. The console itself looks horrific! I mean, I know it's not about the physical appearance of the thing but damn, look at the size of it! It looks like an old 80's VCR.

I agree about all the multimedia stuff, when I saw their tag line 'All in One' I knew what was coming. People on Twitter were going mental wanting to see games and all the guy was doing was talking about watching TV!

It seems this conference was more a way of getting the non-gaming stuff out of the way. I imagine E3 will be mostly gaming related.

As for the games they did show? Meh. Although that Quantum whatever game looks intriguing. Oh, and Xbox One gets CoD: Ghost DLC first? Shock!

I have a PS3 and a Wii U at the moment. Unless there are some 'massive' surprises at E3 from Microsoft, then next gen will be Wii U for Nintendo games and PS4 for everything else... well, for me anyway.

On a plus note though, I am intrigued to see what these exclusive new IP's are.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
  11. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Well it looks like they'll kind of be blocking used games.

Games are installed from the disc to the HDD, to be able to play them. They are also linked to your Xbox Live account. If another person wants to play a game you own, or they buy a used Xbox One game, they have to pay a fee on Live to be able to play the game. Details still aren't completely clear though. Also no word on what happens if a third person tries to play.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Thats a kiss of death for me.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This could be bigger than the CD-i.

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Or it could be huge!
    Virtual boy huge.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It's only a few days ago EA dropped online passes... I suspect they knew about this and decided it was worth potentially losing money through Sony just to get some good PR in time for the Xbox conference.

16. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    My first thought too. Why would that be?
    I am disappointed by no backwards compatibility. I don't understand the reasoning behind that, would have hoped for XBLA backwards compatibility at least.

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Gaming conspriracy!
    But yes, it does sound about right. Good catch.
    I will not get this. The used game penalty is absolutely a deciding factor for me.
    So sad. No more halo for me. #

18. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    It makes sense that it wouldn't be included. It's very expensive to keep backwards compatibility in. You either have to have a system powerful enough to emulate the previous system (what the Xbox 360 and PS Vita do), or include some of the old systems hardware inside (PS3 did this, Nintendo does this).

19. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Totally agree! That and the backwards compatability issue just isn't very reassuring. Most people like to trade in the old system towards the new to help bring the overall cost down, but try telling all the Halo nerds that they can't do that unless they're prepared to say bye to all those games.

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    My inner xbox fanboy doesn't know what to beleieve in anymore.