★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Golf Squared HD (universal app) -> Free

05-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Golf Squared HD (universal app) -> Free

I haven't tried this yet, but there are no iaps, and it looks fun. Also, it would constantly show up as a "genius" selection.
05-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Looks interesting. Downloading now. Thx OP.
05-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I didn't really enjoy this one - it seemed like a VERY basic/barebones version of Stickman Golf...
05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
I gave the non-HD version a try since I'm stuck on 3G at the moment... and I agree that it's a more basic SSG... but to me that's a good thing because as much as I like SSG... I think the powerups and the way people cheat in the game sort of ruined the experience (especially in SSG2 where it's near impossible to unlock all the hats without a separate IAP purchase of Bux)...

I had hope this would be good... and it's not terrible but it is difficult to predict the ball behavior. That to me is the life blood of a game like this. I like the power button behavior. It's a bit unnatural at first to hold it and then let go to set the power rather than a tap to start it and a second tap to launch it but it seems easier to set the exact power I want. The best of the more basic similar games that I've played is 9 Iron Ninja. It adds a backspin option for the ball and the levels are all randomly generated so it's more of a high score game rather than fixed levels with a 3 star ratings system.

Still, this could be great with a few tweaks... but falls short. Oh well... maybe they'll update it.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
05-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I didn't really enjoy this one - it seemed like a VERY basic/barebones version of Stickman Golf...
HA! You guys kill me, I don't know how anything can be more basic than Stickman golf. Must be a very subtle difference.

Anyway, I like the art style of this, I might get it just to admire that.