Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 PM

Default Poker Night 2 - (by Telltale Inc)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-24-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 11:10 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks great but this price...
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to LN3000 Send a message via MSN to LN3000 Send a message via Yahoo to LN3000 Send a message via Skype™ to LN3000

I enjoy this game on my computer, so I'm likely to get this. The graphics are nice, the banter is funny, and the game is solid poker. Let's DO THIS.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 PM

Well, it's just poker(NL Hold Em and NL Omaha High), but it's hands down the best single player poker game in the app store, perhaps of all time. Great themes, hilarious script, just a load of fun to play. A big step above the original for sure. It's going to be a tough sell for people who already bought it on PC, but this is perfect for on the go.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Claptrap? GLADOS? With Ash and that guy from that Adult Swim show! In a game together! Instabuy!

Question: how do I play Texas Hold Em? Never played before and my attempts in Red Dead Redemption were pathetic. How does one know which hand is better; what's a flush, straight, high, etc; how exactly do you bluff if you can't see the other players?

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-22-2013 at 11:26 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Claptrap? GLADOS? In a game together! Instabuy!
Question: how do I play Texas Hold Em? Never played before and my attempts in Red Dead Redemption were pathetic. How does one know which hand is better; what's a flush, straight, high; etc?
The game has an in game cheat sheet with graphics that tell you the name and strengths of each hand. The better you get at a game like Hold Em though, and the more you realize this has very little to do with the game. You're really playing the players, or in this case AI patterns, rather than what cards you actually have. If you only bet on sure hands and never grasp when to bluff, you won't get that far, and plus you won't have as much fun. But definitely look into this if you just want to kick back and play cards with Claptrap and friends, regardless of your skill level. It's a hilarious game.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Well this came out of nowhere.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
The game has an in game cheat sheet with graphics that tell you the name and strengths of each hand. The better you get at a game like Hold Em though, and the more you realize this has very little to do with the game. You're really playing the players, or in this case AI patterns, rather than what cards you actually have. If you only bet on sure hands and never grasp when to bluff, you won't get that far, and plus you won't have as much fun. But definitely look into this if you just want to kick back and play cards with Claptrap and friends, regardless of your skill level. It's a hilarious game.
That's useful. So basically I have to match wits with Claptrap and the others?
And yeah, a game with both Claptrap and GLADOS is instantly a pure comic masterpiece
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Looks great but this price...
Must... Restrain... My... Frustration!!!!

Seriously man. This is a very good deal for the price. It'll take you around 4ish hours to finish, and it's got some of the best characters you could ask for in cartoon and video game history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Claptrap? GLADOS? With Ash and that guy from that Adult Swim show! In a game together! Instabuy!
Oh my god.

Can you imagine if they'd have gotten Aisha Tyler or H. Jon Benjamin from archer? I know it's not Telltale, Valve or Adult Swim, but I don't care. It would have been awesome enough to make my head asplode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
Well this came out of nowhere.
Almost, they announced a while back that it was going to hit PSN and iOS in the near future.

Now, while a huge part of me wants to just get this for the 360 to have the borderland unlocks, the fact that I can't play on the 360 much at all these days along with the fact that it's 3x as expensive for me there is enoug to negate me doing that.

TL;DR: buying. Here. Now. Glados, here I come!!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Can you earn the Borderlands 2 items in the game? I keep seeing it at the title screen, but it redirects me to the Telltale homepage.