Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,401
Default Poker Night 2 - (by Telltale Inc)




Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-24-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:10 PM
Pipipitchu Pipipitchu is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,348
Default

Looks great but this price...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 PM
LN3000 LN3000 is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: TARDIS
Posts: 64
Send a message via AIM to LN3000 Send a message via MSN to LN3000 Send a message via Yahoo to LN3000 Send a message via Skype™ to LN3000
Default

I enjoy this game on my computer, so I'm likely to get this. The graphics are nice, the banter is funny, and the game is solid poker. Let's DO THIS.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 PM
nodoctors nodoctors is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,016
Default

Well, it's just poker(NL Hold Em and NL Omaha High), but it's hands down the best single player poker game in the app store, perhaps of all time. Great themes, hilarious script, just a load of fun to play. A big step above the original for sure. It's going to be a tough sell for people who already bought it on PC, but this is perfect for on the go.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

Claptrap? GLADOS? With Ash and that guy from that Adult Swim show! In a game together! Instabuy!

Question: how do I play Texas Hold Em? Never played before and my attempts in Red Dead Redemption were pathetic. How does one know which hand is better; what's a flush, straight, high, etc; how exactly do you bluff if you can't see the other players?

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-22-2013 at 11:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 PM
nodoctors nodoctors is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Claptrap? GLADOS? In a game together! Instabuy!
Question: how do I play Texas Hold Em? Never played before and my attempts in Red Dead Redemption were pathetic. How does one know which hand is better; what's a flush, straight, high; etc?
The game has an in game cheat sheet with graphics that tell you the name and strengths of each hand. The better you get at a game like Hold Em though, and the more you realize this has very little to do with the game. You're really playing the players, or in this case AI patterns, rather than what cards you actually have. If you only bet on sure hands and never grasp when to bluff, you won't get that far, and plus you won't have as much fun. But definitely look into this if you just want to kick back and play cards with Claptrap and friends, regardless of your skill level. It's a hilarious game.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Triscuitable Triscuitable is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 825
Default

Well this came out of nowhere.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Bronxsta Bronxsta is offline
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
The game has an in game cheat sheet with graphics that tell you the name and strengths of each hand. The better you get at a game like Hold Em though, and the more you realize this has very little to do with the game. You're really playing the players, or in this case AI patterns, rather than what cards you actually have. If you only bet on sure hands and never grasp when to bluff, you won't get that far, and plus you won't have as much fun. But definitely look into this if you just want to kick back and play cards with Claptrap and friends, regardless of your skill level. It's a hilarious game.
That's useful. So basically I have to match wits with Claptrap and the others?
And yeah, a game with both Claptrap and GLADOS is instantly a pure comic masterpiece
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM
andsoitgoes andsoitgoes is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Posts: 2,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Looks great but this price...
Must... Restrain... My... Frustration!!!!

Seriously man. This is a very good deal for the price. It'll take you around 4ish hours to finish, and it's got some of the best characters you could ask for in cartoon and video game history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Claptrap? GLADOS? With Ash and that guy from that Adult Swim show! In a game together! Instabuy!
Oh my god.

Can you imagine if they'd have gotten Aisha Tyler or H. Jon Benjamin from archer? I know it's not Telltale, Valve or Adult Swim, but I don't care. It would have been awesome enough to make my head asplode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
Well this came out of nowhere.
Almost, they announced a while back that it was going to hit PSN and iOS in the near future.

Now, while a huge part of me wants to just get this for the 360 to have the borderland unlocks, the fact that I can't play on the 360 much at all these days along with the fact that it's 3x as expensive for me there is enoug to negate me doing that.

TL;DR: buying. Here. Now. Glados, here I come!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Triscuitable Triscuitable is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 825
Default

Can you earn the Borderlands 2 items in the game? I keep seeing it at the title screen, but it redirects me to the Telltale homepage.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent