★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Waterslide Extreme - Fun and FREE!

07-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Waterslide Extreme - Fun and FREE!

Apparently this game is an ad tie-in for a European credit card company based on a ad campaign they have. Whatever the case, this is the best ad-type game I've ever played. It is developed by Fish Labs, and is a blast! It's basically a first person perspective waterslide game where you try to collect diamonds and powerups and avoid obstacles. It has very nice graphics and a good sense of speed. Lots of fun, and did I mention that it's FREE? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post a working iTunes link, if you search "waterslide extreme" it'll pop up...or perhaps someone more savvy than me can post a link. This is definitely worth a download.
07-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots:

Looks pretty fun, you just have to love free advertising games.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
07-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Apparently this game is an ad tie-in for a European credit card company based on a ad campaign they have. Whatever the case, this is the best ad-type game I've ever played. It is developed by Fish Labs, and is a blast! It's basically a first person perspective waterslide game where you try to collect diamonds and powerups and avoid obstacles. It has very nice graphics and a good sense of speed. Lots of fun, and did I mention that it's FREE? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post a working iTunes link, if you search "waterslide extreme" it'll pop up...or perhaps someone more savvy than me can post a link. This is definitely worth a download.
I'm someone savvy :P

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322410766&mt=8
07-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the video and link...I'm enjoying this.
07-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Cute game. Control speed by tilting forward and back or press the brake button. Steering is a bit questionable... and you do need to steer. Not only to get the pickups and avoid obstacles but to stay in the slide. Not careful... you actually fly out of it ending the stage.
07-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadweight View Post
Cute game. Control speed by tilting forward and back or press the brake button. Steering is a bit questionable... and you do need to steer. Not only to get the pickups and avoid obstacles but to stay in the slide. Not careful... you actually fly out of it ending the stage.
Try adjusting the sensitivity, that might help with the steering.
07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Haha, you would not believe the amount of times I have seen that advert on TV.
Now I get to play it .
Such a shame they didn't include the original music though

Hakuna Matata
07-16-2009, 08:33 AM
It's cute for about 5 mintues - and now it's deleted.
07-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Here's the ad it's based on. Great ad. Got it bookmarked on my iphone youtube.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by deadweight; 07-16-2009 at 08:42 AM.