★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How has the iPhone/Touch effected your gaming time - Poll

View Poll Results: How has the iPhone/iTouch effected time spent on other gaming devices
It has not effected it at all 8 13.56%
I played no/very few games before 7 11.86%
I now game less on my mobile phone (non iPhone) 0 0%
I now game less on my portable consoles 8 13.56%
I now game less on my home consoles 12 20.34%
I now game less overall on other devices 21 35.59%
I now game more overall on other devices 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll
07-16-2009, 10:44 AM
How has the iPhone/Touch effected your gaming time - Poll

I was wondering how the iPhone has effected gaming on other consoles for you?

I selected not at all.
I only play my iPod when I am in situations where I wouldn't have my DS, on the bus to school before my friends get on, when I am in queues, or when I just want to play for a minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win

Last edited by super6ft7; 07-16-2009 at 10:53 AM.
07-16-2009, 10:49 AM
It has I rarely play my wii. But when I get wii sports resort for my b'day that could change. But then again I'm also getting apps.

07-16-2009, 10:57 AM
I play my touch "too much" now.

Twitter: @back2this
07-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Should be multiple choice really, but I picked the one 'playing less on other portable consoles'. My poor old PSP is sitting on the shelf collecting dust. We had some good times together though .

Hakuna Matata
07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Back when I was in middle school I used to play my PS2 and GameCube a lot. But I just couldnt afford games and wasnt that into them, so I stopped playing.
In a way, my Touch has brought me back to gaming. Its affordable and addicting. I never play my consoles anymore, just a little on the computer and a lot on my Ipod.
07-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I stopped playing all my PC games to play games on my iphone...I haven't even finished Fallout 3 or even installed Left 4 Dead yet.
07-16-2009, 12:32 PM
You know, for a long time, I thought gaming was a waste of time, and the only gaming console I was into back then was the Gameboy family. Then I purchased an iPod touch, just to experience a new way of Media playing, but then the App Store came along roughly a year later, and the iPhone has revived my sense of gaming, I began loving games I thought I'd never like, such as SF IV, MGS 4, Fallout, so on. This isn't a good thing though, I got lower scores on my exams this time.

Twitter: BadKarma__
Games waiting for: A game that doesn't suck.
07-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Pretty much all of my other consoles are collecting dust.
07-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Before the app store came along I barely gamed anyway, my old GBA and gamecube had been gathering dust for several years, my DS had been broken for a while, and I almost never play my Wii. However I've been iPod games constantly...until recently when I deleted more than half my games. Is my addiction dying off
07-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC. View Post
Back when I was in middle school I used to play my PS2 and GameCube a lot. But I just couldnt afford games and wasnt that into them, so I stopped playing.
In a way, my Touch has brought me back to gaming. Its affordable and addicting. I never play my consoles anymore, just a little on the computer and a lot on my Ipod.
I had a similar experience when I was at University a couple of years ago. In the UK, its practically impossible to go through uni without amassing stupid amounts of debt, living in a sh**hole and drinking far too much beer - so gaming kinda just takes a side step. I think in my 4 years at uni, I only got 3 games - MGS3, GTA: San Andreas and GT4.

Since the app store opened, my time on wii/ps2 games has dropped significantly. As an example, I got Madworld for my wii on day 1, but have only completed 2 levels. And its not that I don't like the game (I do - its awesome), its that I just don't find the time to play it as often as I would like. The touch is different because the games are different and its portable. Most games are easier to play in much smaller sessions and so can easily be fitted into my lunch break at work for example.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD