★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Puzzle game: Smart Ball

12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Puzzle game: Smart Ball

I picked up a new puzzle game last week. Puzzle Ball currently has 300 levels and I've found the first few to be challenging. The goal in each level is to collect all the blue balls. You move the orange ball around the playing board using the arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen. When you move over a "grid" square it disappears. Be careful as you move around the screen because the balls will react to gravity and fall down any gaps you create. The "gravity" that the balls react to is not the accelometer (sp?) though, it is the gravity from the top of the screen. So they will fall from the top to the bottom. (I like this as I can play when lying down)

Gameplay isn't perfect and can use some improvements. For example, there is no undo button. And to reset the game I worked out you touch the L button and then select the level and then touch the L button again to return to the game. But these are minor issues. I've found it a good puzzler to play for a few minutes at a time. And so far it has been challenging enough to hold my interest.

Here's a link to the game: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293270736&mt=8
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
I picked up a new puzzle game last week. Puzzle Ball currently has 300 levels and I've found the first few to be challenging. The goal in each level is to collect all the blue balls. You move the orange ball around the playing board using the arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen. When you move over a "grid" square it disappears. Be careful as you move around the screen because the balls will react to gravity and fall down any gaps you create. The "gravity" that the balls react to is not the accelometer (sp?) though, it is the gravity from the top of the screen. So they will fall from the top to the bottom. (I like this as I can play when lying down)

Gameplay isn't perfect and can use some improvements. For example, there is no undo button. And to reset the game I worked out you touch the L button and then select the level and then touch the L button again to return to the game. But these are minor issues. I've found it a good puzzler to play for a few minutes at a time. And so far it has been challenging enough to hold my interest.

Here's a link to the game: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293270736&mt=8
Funny... my goal is always to get rid of the blue balls!

Great review, Thank you for your time AND providing the link to the App store.. Looks like a great logic game, and I haven't seen a video, but the graphics look attractive enough. This may very well be my next $0.99 purchase.. Has anyone else tried this game out?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans

12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Their website has a video

Before I purchased this app I used moopf's wonderful app store review scraper and saw in one review that they had a demo of how to solve level 3.

Here's the link to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaYw0bcZqxg

This gives a good idea of the gameplay.
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Quote:

Sounds interesting.
Trying to find a video on the game...
BTW, how do you find and paste a link off the itunes app on here?
12-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Before I purchased this app I used moopf's wonderful app store review scraper and saw in one review that they had a demo of how to solve level 3.

Here's the link to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaYw0bcZqxg

This gives a good idea of the gameplay.
LOL. Perfect timing.
Thanx
12-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Linking to iTunes apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskU2See View Post
BTW, how do you find and paste a link off the itunes app on here?
In iTunes right click on the apps icon and select "Copy iTunes Store URL". Then paste what you have copied into your post.

Last edited by snow_mani; 12-07-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: correct typo
12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Thank you.
I appreciate it.

-Rob
12-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Would be cool if you can touch the orange ball and guide it, instead of the arrows.
12-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Haha, I can't believe it, this is made by the "I am rich" guy.
12-08-2008, 05:48 AM
I didn't realise the same guy made this app as the I am Rich one!

Good thing this didn't cost me $999 or whatever it was. Only AUS$1.19 (or US 99 cents).

If it's the same guy then maybe he has learned his lesson and should have called this app the "I am Poor"?!