★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Poker meets RPG - match cards to do battle, collect monsters and solve the mysteries of Cardinia! The kingdoms are at war... only you can save the realm!

"A fine job at crafting an engaging title... the game has a remarkable compulsivity to it... this addictive quality is aided by a responsive, clutter-free interface"
-Joseph Ford, Thunderbolt

+ Battle and collect over 50 different monsters
+ Just match numbers or colors to play
+ Simple poker-based gameplay
+ Unlock all 4 heroes with unique skills

+ No internet connection required to play
05-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Very curious. Does it track any stats like local highscores?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

05-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Hmm, not the best impressions from me. You are dealt five cards and can change or hold them to get a decent poker hand. The better the hand, the more damage you can deal to you opponent. In the usual battles you face two enemies - so you have to be careful not to lose too much HP in the first fight so you can win against the second baddy, too. By winning you gain XP and level up (+10 HP and +1 attack each level) - but the enemies get harder real fast, so it's a lot of grinding and depends a lot on luck (which gards will be given to you?).

You also have the possibility to 'catch' each opponent by having a strong hand against hin - especially when his HP are already low. The enemy joins you and seems to make your attacks stronger if you can build a hand with his card...

So you always grind for XP and HP, collect cards and eventually clear one level after another - which opens up new heroes with different abilities (heal, fire etc).

Not bad, but for me maybe too repetetive - 3/5
05-29-2013, 12:06 PM
I noticed in the description that most sentences end with a ! Most of the reviews also end with a ! Other than that, looks like an interesting idea, not sold yet on the art style. I mean !
05-29-2013, 12:20 PM
It's a very 'special' art style...

E.g. you score a full house, depending on your hero a giant white rabbit or a huge gold coin drops on your enemy, a straight is followed by a toy train and three of a kind sends three pigs or cows running to your opponent. This and the bad translation is part of the 'special' charm of the game :-/
05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks undeadcow for posting our game!

Dev here If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them. Just as a note of reference, this game was made primarily by my friend and I with a $10,000 budget. The art style is a result of 4 different artists working separately but hey, it's an indie game

We beta tested here on toucharcade and got a lot of positive feedback, I hope you guys enjoy the game!

Also c.ihls, I'd love to get some examples of the 'bad translations' so we can fix those in game. There is only an English version, no translations...

05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Very curious. Does it track any stats like local highscores?
There are no scores or high scores, as the game is more RPG than poker, ie. beating monsters and clearing levels. However in the help menu there is a hand list that tracks how many times you've gotten each hand (1 pair to straight flush).
05-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey, this is actually a fun little poker game with some funny twists. I'm enjoying everything about this except the repetitive music. If the devs could add some variety to that, I'd say this is a real charmer. Maybe add some variety to the sounds when you vanquish various monsters, too. But nice job overall. This may actually stay on my phone for a while.
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks Josh! Your post is really encouraging.. as an indie game dev really the best we can shoot for is fun, funny and charming so we're really glad that you like the game. Feel free to review us on the app store! We did not plant reviews as insinuated by BazookaTime (some reviews were from our overzealous beta testers) and we could use all the help we can get.

To respond to your feedback, initially we were planning on having different battle music per stage setting/kingdom but.. we ran out of money and I ended up writing almost all the music (I've never written music before). We could revisit it but now we're so close to the 50MB limit for OTA downloads that I'm not sure if it's worth it. Will definitely think about it!

Thanks again!
06-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Our first review!

This reviewer gave us the same score as Ridiculous Fishing!